The Xbox One Preview Program lets consumers try out development builds of the Xbox One software ahead of release. Today, members of the Alpha Ring received build 1804.180305-1900 which fixes some critical bugs. The most prominent one has to be where Wi-Fi connections experience significant lag on the console. Luckily, Microsoft was aware of this and patched it. However, there are still a lot of remaining issues in this build.
Some of the fixes this build brings are listed below.
Wi-Fi Lag Issues
- We have resolved the issue in which your Wi-Fi connection would lag for 3-4 seconds and reoccur after 30 minutes.
- We have resolved the issue sin which the Blu-ray app may experience visual glitching after a few minutes of playback.
Game Install Progress
- We have resolved this game install progress bar showing over 100% status.
- We have resolved an issue in which some games and apps are missing from your collection. You will no longer see the tabs in your My Games and Apps show no titles or some titles missing in your Game Pass collection and EA Access collection.
- We have resolved issues with RGB colors when displaying in 4K HDR mode when playing a UHD disc.
Settings – Accessory App
- We have fixed the issue of not being able to assign controller configurations in the Xbox Accessory app.
Some of the known issues in this build as listed below.
- If Microsoft Edge was pinned prior to downloading the 1804 update, attempting to launch Microsoft Edge from the existing pin will fail. You can fix this by deleting the old Microsoft Edge pin and re-pinning Microsoft Edge.
- When accessing the Language & location page in Settings, it may take a long time for the page to load.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default. Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list to go around this.
- We are aware that some Spatial Audio users will experience unexpected game volumes and are working on a fix.
- We are aware that the Mono output feature is not working as expected in latest builds. The team has identified a fix and is testing. Please turn off the feature if you are using an audio receiver with less than 7.1 audio channels.
- We have identified an issue with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater and certain AVR models that will result in random sound cut outs. If a sound cut out ever occurs you can change your audio format settings to something else and then back to reset it.
- Some users have reported that HDMI in volume is lower for TV Input and some media apps. We are actively investigating. The workaround is to start Background Music and go to the Audio Settings and set the volume slider to 50% rather than 0% and the volume issue is fixed.
- In the Now TV app some UI elements are disappearing during playback.
- In the Plex App some users are experiencing buffering. We are actively investigating this issue. The workaround is to back out of the Plex app to home then go back into the Plex app and playback continues.
- The Netflix team are updating the app as it is crashing for some users.
- Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p. Netflix is aware of the issue.
- We are investigating an issue in which some users are experiencing the console shutdown after you turn it on.
- We are investigating why some users are unable to play 4k content in the Vudu app.
- The virtual keyboard disappears randomly when inputting text. You can use a physical keyboard to enter text until this is fixed.
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation and please provide the make and model of your TV and the firmware version.
Game Install Progress
- We are aware of an issue in which the Game Progress status shows over 300%. Please note that this is a different scenario to the fix in this build referenced above in fixes.
My Games and Apps
- We are aware of an issue in which Games and updates are installing to non Home consoles even if you have selected to not keep games and apps up to date.
- Some users are discovering that the search function in Spotify is not working. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- Some users are experiencing a problem in which the Store App is failing to update. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
Casting from the Xbox – YouTube App
- Automatic discovery over Wi-Fi is currently not working correctly. The YouTube app relies on this to make pairing seamless. There is a known issue with uPnP and state separation that is being investigated. In the meantime, please use the second pairing method in the YouTube app. Launch the YouTube app then go to Settings then Link TV and Phone then Link with TV Code. Follow the directions on screen.
- We are aware that the Schedule details is missing after you re-select your schedule from Dark or Light in Theme.
Be sure to download the update if you're an Alpha Insider. Hopefully Microsoft will release another patch soon to fix the remaining issues because they're quite serious.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.