The Medium debuts epic new live action trailer, brings the game world to life
This live-action trailer is packed end-to-end with suspense and thrill.
What you need to know
- The Medium is an exciting psychological horror game coming from industry experts Bloober Team.
- The game is already set to look incredible on its own, with beautiful effects, graphics, and even ray tracing.
- However, a new live-action trailer brings the game into the real-life, and the result is absolutely stunning.
- The trailer was created in collaboration with Platige Image and Oscar nominee Tomasz Bagiński.
As if we weren't already excited enough for Bloober Team's upcoming psychological horror game, the Medium, a new live-action trailer has just dropped that ups the suspense and horror all at once. The new trailer was created in a collaboration between Bloober Team, Platige Image, and Oscar nominee Tomasz Bagiński, and it frankly looks incredible. You can check out the new trailer below and watch it as many times as you need to before you're satisfied.
The live-action trailer showcases how the Medium's terrifying world would translate to real life, and the results can definitely send chills down your spine. We already knew the Medium would look amazing on the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, and the Medium supports ray-tracing with NVIDIA RTX. That said, seeing it with real people is a whole other feeling.
The Medium launches on Xbox Series X|S and PC on January 28, 2021, and is available for pre-order now. There's already plenty of excitement around this game and its innovative "Dual Reality" feature, but (if we're being honest), now I'm just intensely curious about a live-action movie or TV show set in the Medium universe. Am I alone here?
Like with any horror game, the Medium is going to lean heavily on its audio and soundtrack, so make sure you're prepared with one of the Best Headsets for Xbox Series X|S and capture every horrifying noise.
Dimensions of horror
Two worlds joined in terror
The Medium is a horror game that lets players go back and forth between the physical world and the spirit world. Using this dual-reality gameplay is necessary for solving puzzles and uncovering a horrific mystery.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.