The Medium gets four minutes of gameplay walking through the Dual Reality feature
Through the Medium of YouTube.
What you need to know
- The Medium is a next-gen psychological horror game from Bloober Team, a studio specializing in horror.
- In the Medium, you can play in the real world and a hidden supernatural world at the exact same time.
- A new four minute gameplay video on the YouTube channel shows this unique game mechanic in action.
- The Medium looks gorgeous in 4K, and Dual Reality looks to set the game apart from anything before it.
After the Medium revealed a brand-new trailer at the Xbox Games Showcase, the official Xbox YouTube channel released a four minute gamepolay video showcase the Medium in action, including the new Dual Reality feature that looks technically and visually very impressive.
The gameplay video shows how players can explore the real world and a hidden paranormal world at the same time, and use this mirrored reality to find hidden passages, solve puzzles, and traverse through a dark and terrifying world. Even the small snippet the video shows seems very impressive, and is only possible due to the power of the Xbox Series X, which combines powerful specs with a super fast SSD to render two beautiful environments simultaneously.
The Medium doesn't have a set release date yet, but it should debut on the Xbox Series X and Windows PC's in the future, and will be on Xbox Game Pass day one. You can pre-order the game from the Microsoft Store if you want to ensure you're first in line for this next-gen horror experience.
Two dimensions at once.
The Medium lets you explore two worlds at once: the real world and a hidden supernatural world filled with terrible creatures and horrific scenes out of your worst nightmares. For any psychological horror fans, the Medium is definitely a game to look out for.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.