Build 17127 first hit the Fast ring earlier this week and includes a number of Cortana-related improvements. As usual, the build packs in several general changes and improvements as well. Here's a recap of what's new.
A new profile page! We're introducing a new server-powered profile page in Cortana for you to add and edit your favorite places. The places you add are used to give you traffic updates for your daily commute, and let you easily set reminders when you arrive or leave your places. To get to this page, head to the Notebook section of Cortana and click the button to the right of your name. This is available for all Cortana markets*.
Cortana's new Notebook goes international with improved performance: We've received some great feedback about our updated Notebook design announced with Build 17063, and are happy to share that this new design is now available for all markets* and languages where Cortana is supported. In addition several performance improvements have been deployed that should make Notebook load faster. Note, some experiences may vary depending on the market you are in.
Learn to use a Skill in Notebook: Default Skills in Cortana's Notebook (like Weather, Sports, and News) now come with a set of tips for questions you can ask Cortana to get you started – either click the suggestion, type it out yourself, or just talk to Cortana and she'll pull up the information you requested.
Windows Mixed Reality
- We fixed the issue where the inbox apps would fail to load inside of Windows Mixed Reality.
- We're still investigating some rare instances where newly placed holograms appear empty and the shell may restart when switching between places."We saved this conversation. You'll see it soon in the Conversations tab in Skype for Business and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where if you had your phone linked to your PC prior to upgrading, you'll find it has become unlinked after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge crashing when turning off certain extensions.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would crash when using scan mode to read dialogs in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the page up and page down keys not working when using Microsoft Edge in Reading View.
- We fixed an issue resulting in focus being lost after using WIN+A to close the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue where if you switched your formatting to Japanese without having the Japanese language in your language list, newly installed apps wouldn't appear in Start.
If you're a Windows Insider on the Slow ring, you should be able to grab build 17127 via Windows Update now.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.