Build 17127 first hit the Fast ring earlier this week and includes a number of Cortana-related improvements. As usual, the build packs in several general changes and improvements as well. Here's a recap of what's new.
A new profile page! We're introducing a new server-powered profile page in Cortana for you to add and edit your favorite places. The places you add are used to give you traffic updates for your daily commute, and let you easily set reminders when you arrive or leave your places. To get to this page, head to the Notebook section of Cortana and click the button to the right of your name. This is available for all Cortana markets*.
Cortana's new Notebook goes international with improved performance: We've received some great feedback about our updated Notebook design announced with Build 17063, and are happy to share that this new design is now available for all markets* and languages where Cortana is supported. In addition several performance improvements have been deployed that should make Notebook load faster. Note, some experiences may vary depending on the market you are in.
Learn to use a Skill in Notebook: Default Skills in Cortana's Notebook (like Weather, Sports, and News) now come with a set of tips for questions you can ask Cortana to get you started – either click the suggestion, type it out yourself, or just talk to Cortana and she'll pull up the information you requested.
Windows Mixed Reality
- We fixed the issue where the inbox apps would fail to load inside of Windows Mixed Reality.
- We're still investigating some rare instances where newly placed holograms appear empty and the shell may restart when switching between places."We saved this conversation. You'll see it soon in the Conversations tab in Skype for Business and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where if you had your phone linked to your PC prior to upgrading, you'll find it has become unlinked after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge crashing when turning off certain extensions.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would crash when using scan mode to read dialogs in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the page up and page down keys not working when using Microsoft Edge in Reading View.
- We fixed an issue resulting in focus being lost after using WIN+A to close the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue where if you switched your formatting to Japanese without having the Japanese language in your language list, newly installed apps wouldn't appear in Start.
If you're a Windows Insider on the Slow ring, you should be able to grab build 17127 via Windows Update now.
Destiny 2 beginner's guide: How to get into Destiny in 2020
Destiny 2 and all of its expansions are now available through Xbox Game Pass, but it's quite a daunting title to dive into. Here's a detailed guide on everything you should know (and do) in order to properly jump in.
5 Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda crossovers we'd love to see
Now that Microsoft has acquired ZeniMax Media, it's now very possible for crossovers to occur between Xbox and Bethesda franchises. Here are some of the ones we want to see the most.
Windows 10 preview build 20221 now rolling out to the Insider Dev Channel
Another week, another Windows 10 Insider Preview build for those in the Dev Channel to get their hands on. Today's build is 20221, and features a notable change to the taskbar that makes it easy to create a Meet Now session in Skype.
The NFL is back! Check out these must-have Windows apps for football fans
After months of waiting through a unique offseason and no preseason games, the NFL is finally back this week. With these Windows 10 apps, you won't miss a snap of the NFL action.