Build 17127 first hit the Fast ring earlier this week and includes a number of Cortana-related improvements. As usual, the build packs in several general changes and improvements as well. Here's a recap of what's new.
A new profile page! We're introducing a new server-powered profile page in Cortana for you to add and edit your favorite places. The places you add are used to give you traffic updates for your daily commute, and let you easily set reminders when you arrive or leave your places. To get to this page, head to the Notebook section of Cortana and click the button to the right of your name. This is available for all Cortana markets*.
Cortana's new Notebook goes international with improved performance: We've received some great feedback about our updated Notebook design announced with Build 17063, and are happy to share that this new design is now available for all markets* and languages where Cortana is supported. In addition several performance improvements have been deployed that should make Notebook load faster. Note, some experiences may vary depending on the market you are in.
Learn to use a Skill in Notebook: Default Skills in Cortana's Notebook (like Weather, Sports, and News) now come with a set of tips for questions you can ask Cortana to get you started – either click the suggestion, type it out yourself, or just talk to Cortana and she'll pull up the information you requested.
Windows Mixed Reality
- We fixed the issue where the inbox apps would fail to load inside of Windows Mixed Reality.
- We're still investigating some rare instances where newly placed holograms appear empty and the shell may restart when switching between places."We saved this conversation. You'll see it soon in the Conversations tab in Skype for Business and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where if you had your phone linked to your PC prior to upgrading, you'll find it has become unlinked after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge crashing when turning off certain extensions.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would crash when using scan mode to read dialogs in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the page up and page down keys not working when using Microsoft Edge in Reading View.
- We fixed an issue resulting in focus being lost after using WIN+A to close the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue where if you switched your formatting to Japanese without having the Japanese language in your language list, newly installed apps wouldn't appear in Start.
If you're a Windows Insider on the Slow ring, you should be able to grab build 17127 via Windows Update now.
The Cyber Monday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Review: Immortals Fenyx Rising a late Game of the Year contender
Immortals Fenyx Rising skyrocketed to the top of my Game of the Year list, and I think it's something a lot of people will really like.
Review: Empire of Sin combines genres to let you take over 1920s Chicago
Empire of Sin, the wildly ambitious gangster simulator from Romero Games, combines aspects of Civilization, XCOM, and a Tycoon game to let you take over 1920s Chicago. All those disparate pieces work together surprisingly well for a flavorful and complex test of strategy.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.