In September, the beta version of Microsoft Translator for both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile went live in the Windows Store. Now Microsoft has removed the "beta" label from the app, indicating that it is officially launched for its Windows 10 platforms.
Aside from some bug fixes and stability improvements, the only main new feature in this 4.0 version of the app is that it now comes with the full universal app features, meaning that Microsoft Translator's UI will work on any screen size on Windows 10 devices. Here's a quick breakdown of its features:
- Text translation - Enter text to translate into one of 50 languages and scripts.
- Camera translation - Point your camera at signs, menus, newspapers — any printed text in 19 languages and scripts — then tap to see the translation.
- Voice translation - Translate by speaking one of 10 languages into your phone.
- Offline translation - Download a translation pack so you can translate even when you're offline — handy when you're traveling and you want to avoid expensive data roaming charges.
- Text-to-speech - Hear translations from a native speaker.
- History, search & favorites - Your translations are saved, so you can search through your history to find them later. Mark translations as favorites to find them even more quickly.
- Word of the Day - Learn a new word or phrase everyday by pinning Translator to Start.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Everything we know about Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Ubisoft has unveiled Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Check out everything we know so far from its gameplay, story, release date, and more.
The best ways to keep your Surface Pro charged on the go
Are you often on the move without access to a wall outlet? Here are some options to keep your Surface Pro charged up while you're on the road.
Here's everything we know (so far) about Far Cry 6
Far Cry 6 is the latest in the series of sandbox shooters from Ubisoft. Here's what we know so far about its setting, villain, story, and more.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.