What you need to know
- Minecraft Earth is a mobile AR game set in the expanding Minecraft universe.
- It's a great concept that's slipped under the radar in the last few months due to reduced interest.
- Despite this, the game continues to get semi-regular updates adding new content and features.
- The latest release, R22, adds a new pink footed pig variant, as well as new adventures to play.
If it's been a while since you've thought of Minecraft Earth, then you're not alone. This mobile AR Minecraft adventure has fallen out of favor with lots of players due to its rocky start and aggressive microtransactions. Despite this, Mojang Studios continues to release updates for the game that add new content, features, and improvements to this fascinating AR game. The latest update for Minecraft Earth is rolling out right now, and R22 includes some cool changes.
From the update's official changelog:
- Season 6: Tundra! Coming soon! Look out for super cool challenges and chilling rewards in the new upcoming season!
- Activate those Adventure Crystals! We've added new adventures for you to explore!
- Be a pig-time collector! The new Pink Footed Pig can now be found in tappables near you and is ready to be added to your pig-ture perfect collection!
If you're still playing Minecraft Earth, this is a small but solid update that includes new things for you to do while you wait for the next season to start. There should also be some bug fixes included to make Minecraft Earth more stable overall. The game still has a lot it can improve upon, but it's commendable that Mojang Studios continues to work on the game and make it better. If it's been a while since you've tried Minecraft Earth, it might be worth giving it a shot again.
Have you played Minecraft Earth recently? Has the game improved dramatically since its launch? Let us know in the comments below!
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
Bing might be in for a very Microsoft-y rebrand
You may want to prepare to say goodbye to Bing's iconic "B" logo. It appears Microsoft is at least mulling a move to rebrand the search engine to "Microsoft Bing" with a new logo in tow.
Even if you don't love Wonder Woman, this Edge extension is glorious
Need to add a little more spice to your new tab pages in Microsoft Edge? How about a little Wonder Woman 1984 art? Surely you can't say no to that.
Complete list of Xbox One Dolby Atmos games
Dolby Atmos creates a realistic, immersive soundscape, but is not featured in every game. These are all Xbox One games with baked-in Dolby Atmos support so far.