What you need to know
- Minecraft Earth is a mobile AR game set in the expanding Minecraft universe.
- It's a great concept that's slipped under the radar in the last few months due to reduced interest.
- Despite this, the game continues to get semi-regular updates adding new content and features.
- The latest release, R22, adds a new pink footed pig variant, as well as new adventures to play.
If it's been a while since you've thought of Minecraft Earth, then you're not alone. This mobile AR Minecraft adventure has fallen out of favor with lots of players due to its rocky start and aggressive microtransactions. Despite this, Mojang Studios continues to release updates for the game that add new content, features, and improvements to this fascinating AR game. The latest update for Minecraft Earth is rolling out right now, and R22 includes some cool changes.
From the update's official changelog:
- Season 6: Tundra! Coming soon! Look out for super cool challenges and chilling rewards in the new upcoming season!
- Activate those Adventure Crystals! We've added new adventures for you to explore!
- Be a pig-time collector! The new Pink Footed Pig can now be found in tappables near you and is ready to be added to your pig-ture perfect collection!
If you're still playing Minecraft Earth, this is a small but solid update that includes new things for you to do while you wait for the next season to start. There should also be some bug fixes included to make Minecraft Earth more stable overall. The game still has a lot it can improve upon, but it's commendable that Mojang Studios continues to work on the game and make it better. If it's been a while since you've tried Minecraft Earth, it might be worth giving it a shot again.
Have you played Minecraft Earth recently? Has the game improved dramatically since its launch? Let us know in the comments below!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.