For the past few weeks, Playground Games has showcased the different seasons in Forza Horizon 4. Today, the developer released a short video detailing some of the new features coming to the game. Following up on the Australian journey packed into Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 4 will take fans to Britain. One of the key features that Microsoft and Playground Games are hyping up is the game's dynamic climate system, which will switch from snow to falling leaves, and plenty of rain, as time goes on.
You can read about the major additions below which are highlighted in the trailer.
- Driving in the snow will require different techniques like the way you approach corners.
- There are a dozen houses which act like bases.
- There are "Showcase Events" like being able to race against a hovercraft.
- The game takes place in a shared world populated by real players. You can join up to 72 people on a server.
- Computer-controlled "Drivatars" of your friends still exist in races.
- Skill trees have been expanded and there are new ways to earn perks.
- "Team Adventure" is a team-based competitive multiplayer experience. There are modes like one in which a team of "Zombie Cars" has to "infect" others by hitting them.
- The city of Edinburgh is a large place with lots of history. The streets are complex and fun to explore.
What are you most excited about in Forza Horizon 4? Let us know.
Forza Horizon 4 is set to launch on October 2, 2018 for $59.99. If you pick up the Forza Horizon 4: Ultimate Edition, you can get early access starting on September 28. Forza Horizon 4 will also be available as part of Xbox Game Pass on Xbox One and PC through Xbox Play Anywhere.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.