New World 1.0.1 update patch brings bug fixes, AFK prevention
The game's first update includes several fixes, quality of life improvements, and more.
What you need to know
- Amazon Games is releasing the New World 1.0.1 update that fixes many of the bugs players have been experiencing since launch.
- The patch also includes several quality of life improvements and stricter AFK prevention measures.
- Amazon Games is planning on rolling the update out on Oct. 6 at 3 a.m. PT / 6 a.m. ET.
Amazon Games' New World MMO recently launched, and while the game has proven to be immensely popular, some of its bugs and glitches have proven to be frustrating for many players. Thankfully, the developers are soon deploying a 1.0.1 update patch that fixes many of the problems players have been experiencing, including disappearing UI elements, freezing animations, quest rewards not being given, and more.
In addition to bug fixes, the patch also includes some quality of life improvements, including a change to turrets in War that changes their projectiles to hitscan in order to reduce server lag as well as a confirmation screen that asks players whether or not they want to leave their server queue. AFK prevention measures have been made more strict as well so that players can't fool New World's AFK detection systems. Amazon Games is planning on rolling the update out on Oct. 6 at 3 a.m. PT / 6 a.m. ET.
Here's the full changelog for the New World 1.0.1 update patch, taken directly from the New World website:
- Implemented the groundwork for the character server transfer, and players may see elements of that work in the in-game store. Amazon Games is continuing to work on this feature, and will have more information on how the system works later this week when server transfers are released.
- Changed turret projectiles in War from physical projectiles to use hitscan detection. This should help performance in War, with fewer objects being spawned in the world.
In an effort to ensure players can't stay AFK, especially in higher population servers, Amazon Games has made the following adjustments to the AFK prevention system.
- Added additional AFK prevention to ensure players cannot fool the existing system with simulated mouse movement.
- Shortened the AFK warning message from 20 mins to 15 mins.
- Shortened the AFK disconnect from 25 mins to 20 mins.
- Added a confirmation screen when a player attempts to leave the queue for a world, asking the player to confirm if they're intending to leave the queue. This should help ensure nobody accidentally leaves the queue and misses out on their spot in line.
- Fixed a rare issue causing the interact key to not properly function on various objects in the world.
- Fixed an issue causing the barrel to not appear in "Pirate Stance" emote.
- Fixed an issue where players did not receive coin as a reward from some activities.
- Fixed a bug where interrupting the fast travel animation may cause the player's character to become stuck inside of a house.
- Fixed an issue in Territory Standing rewards where some localized text was missing.
- Fixed an issue where players are asked to claim achievement titles multiple times after logging back into the game, despite already having claimed the rewards.
- Fixed an issue causing leg animations to freeze.
- Fixed game crashes related to the New World Twitch integrations. Integrations have been re-enabled in this update.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could enter state where they could not be hit by most attacks.
- Fixed an issue where certain item containers could be looted infinitely.
- Fixed an issue where the abandoning event notification could sometimes persist after the player abandoned the event.
- Fixed an issue causing Pastor Walsh to spawn aggressively at the Walsham point of interest (POI).
- Fixed an issue causing enemies to spawn slower than intended in the Bullrush Wash POI.
- Fixed an issue causing Overseer Zane to respawn slower than intended in the "Something to Prove" quest.
- Fixed an issue where Master Zindt could have duplicated respawns at the Kannan Tomb POI.
- Added missing journal information about the recommended quest level for players attempting to unlock the second faction rank.
- Fixed an issue where resetting the "Blessings of Earth" quest when you have gained any of the blessings will block progression in the Main Story Quest (MSQ).
- Fixed an issue where the "Azoth Fulminate" quest will be unavailable to players if they first complete other Windsward quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Goodwill Squashing" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Arruda Jam" quest.
- Fixed an issue where the barkeep conversation state in First Light can enter a state where quests cannot be obtained from the barkeep.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Taste for Revenge" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Predator, Prey" and "Great Expectations" quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Curse of Ebony Hawk" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Bond's Gambit" quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing "The Expedition into Saircor" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "One Threat at a Time" quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Strength of the Earth" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Fading Lights" and "Azure Tears" quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Twisted Metamorphosis" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Blessings of the Fallen" quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Facets of Light and Darkness" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Descent to Frosted Slumber" and "Transmuting Iron to Dust" quests.
Welcome to Aeternum
A new expansive MMO awaits
New World is here, and it may end up being one of the biggest MMOs in PC gaming.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Brendan Lowry is a Windows Central writer and Oakland University graduate with a burning passion for video games, of which he's been an avid fan since childhood. You'll find him doing reviews, editorials, and general coverage on everything Xbox and PC. Follow him on Twitter.
By Jez Corden