Today, Hello Games released a new trailer for No Man's Sky's 'Next' update. A new multiplayer mode will be added to the game, coinciding with the launch on Xbox One. Apart from that, the game is receiving a significant visual overhaul and a third-person mode. This is by far the biggest upgrade No Man's Sky has received since it launched on PlayStation 4 and PC a few years ago.
The main features being added with Next are listed below. The free update also brings with it a number of bug fixes that aren't listed here but will be detailed in patch notes closer to launch.
This is No Man's Sky NEXT.— Sean Murray (@NoMansSky) July 17, 2018
Play with your friends and discover a rebooted universe together. Releasing July 24th PC PS4 XBox
That's *NEXT* week pic.twitter.com/DKFowArxQV
- You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
- You can build tiny shelters or complex colonies that are shared for all players.
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in space battles with friends.
- Race exocraft across alien terrain by creating race tracks and trails to share online.
- Play in first or third-person mode, both on-foot and in your ship.
- Improved space visuals that make the game even more beautiful.
- Appearance personalization.
- Improved terrain generation, ground textures, water, and clouds.
- More detail added to ships, characters and buildings.
- Build bases anywhere on any planet.
- Hundreds of new base parts have been added to No Man's Sky.
- Increased base-building complexity and size limits.
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them.
- Send your fleet into the universe or deploy them to help you explore.
- Better freighter base building.
These are by far the biggest additions to the game. Many gamers will be particularly excited about the third-person perspective and improved textures.
No Man's Sky launches on Xbox One — with Xbox One X support — on July 24, 2018 in North America and July 27 in Europe. 505 Games will distribute the physical Xbox One version worldwide. Other platforms receive the update the same day.
For those unfamiliar with the game, No Man's Sky is a science fiction adventure set across an infinite universe, in which every star is the light of a distant sun, each orbited by planets filled with life, and you can go to any of them you choose. In this procedurally-generated universe, you'll discover places and creatures that no other player has seen before. However, a mystery lies at the center of the galaxy, an irresistible pulse that draws you on a voyage to discover the true nature of the universe.
According to the developer, your journey will be charged with danger, encountering hostile creatures and fierce pirates. In order to survive, you will need to prepare, upgrading your ship, suit and weapons. Whether you choose to fight, trade or explore has consequences, shaping your journey as you travel.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
HP devices are facing BSOD and boot loops, but HP appears to have a fix
HP users saw some serious issues with PCs over the weekend, including the Blue Screen of Death and boot loops. Now, an update from HP might fix the issue.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
Give your sim racing game a lift with one of these great sets of pedals
A good set of pedals is a crucial part of any sim racing setup, and thankfully you don't have to spend a small fortune to get something special. Whether you're a beginner, more advanced, looking to spend a little or money is no object, there's a set of pedals that's right for you.