The upcoming loot-centric co-op shooter Outriders is almost here. If you want details on when you can play the game based on your platform and region, information on the day one update, and much more, we've got you covered. Here's everything you need to know to prepare for the launch of Outriders.
- Outriders: Tips, tricks, and beginner's guide
- Outriders: Cross-play guide for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC
- Outriders: Every class explained and detailed
Outriders launch and release times
While technically not a games-as-a-service title according to the developer, servers will still be required to access many of the features in Outriders. In a post on the official social channels for the game, the team explained how the rollout will work for each platform and region.
For players on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, and PS5, Outriders will unlock at 12 a.m. your local time on April 1. This staggered release schedule on console means that not all players will be able to access the game simultaneously, but instead at midnight for each time zone.
The schedule for the launch of the PC version of the game is less straight-forward. While the game still technically releases on April 1 in most regions, it won't go live at midnight. Here's when you can play Outriders on PC:
- Los Angeles - 09:00 PDT (April 1)
- New York - 12:00 EDT (April 1)
- Brasilia - 13:00 BRT (April 1)
- London - 17:00 BST (April 1)
- Berlin - 18:00 CEST (April 1)
- Moscow - 19:00 MSK (April 1)
- Abu Dhabi - 20:00 GST (April 1)
- Tokyo - 01:00 JST (April 2)
- Canberra - 03:00 AEDT (April 2)
Outriders day one update and preload times
In late February, Square Enix and People Can Fly gave players the opportunity to get their hands on the game with a long-running and rather expansive demo. Based on the feedback fans provided, People Can Fly will be delivering a day one update positioned to fix numerous technical issues, adjust game balance, and adress general complaints like accessive motion blur. Here are some highlights of the patch notes from the official Outriders subreddit.
- Lots of demo content bug fixes, including mods on some Legendary weapons not triggering properly.
- Balancing changes for various items, mods, enemy stats, and loot drops.
- Crossplay will no longer be in beta and will be on by default.
- DirectX 12 will be the default on PC.
- Added a "Quick Mark" functionality to your inventory. This will allow you to mass-mark all items based on their rarity in one or two button presses, rather than needing to mark items individually (which is still possible if preferred).
- Improvements to the Cover System.
- Improvement to Travel Voting system used when in a group.
In addition to detailing exactly what's changed between the latest demo build and launch, the team also gave players a better idea of when they'll have the ability to pre-load Outriders based on their platform of choice. Here's when you can start your download:
- Xbox - Pre-loads will be live today (March 30).
- Playstation - 48 hours ahead of launch.
- Steam – To be determined.
- Epic Games Store - No options for pre-loading.
Where will you be playing?
Which platform will you be playing Outriders on? Let us know in the comment section below! The massive announcement of a day one launch into Xbox Game Pass certainly makes the Xbox version of the game incredibly appealing. If you want more info on Xbox Game Pass and the games you can play for one low monthly fee, check out our list of the best games on Xbox Game Pass.
Loot-driven sci-fi co-op
Prepare for launch
Become an Outrider and follow a mysterious signal across the alien planet of Enoch, full of hellish threats waiting around every corner. Outriders features drop-in, drop-out co-op for up to three players so you can have a couple of friends at your side.
Miles Dompier is a Freelance Video Producer for Windows Central, focusing on video content for Windows Central Gaming. In addition to writing or producing news, reviews, and gaming guides, Miles delivers fun, community-focused videos for the Windows Central Gaming YouTube channel. Miles also hosts Xbox Chaturdays every Saturday, which serves as the Windows Central Gaming weekly podcast.
I'll tell you where you can't play: Xbox Game Pass PC.
Though Windows Central might make a whole article about it.
God damn it, April 2nd is not April 1st! Oh well, it is Good Friday so that means my long weekend will be filled with Outriders goodness.
Ha, I didn't properly read the article, I'm on console so I already have access, sucks that I have to work today though.
If you change your location to new Zealand boom u get to play a day early and yous are welcome 😊
Is it worth it though, for one day? Can't people wait one more day? I wouldn't do it even for Half Life 3.
Being In lockdown I think a day early helps only takes less than a minute to change location 😁
Oh man, Volcanic Rounds on an LMG is just superb! I am loving this game and now that I have unlocked crafting I am focusing on tailoring my build and really amping up my damage. It's interesting because the game kinda feels easy (especially with the aforementioned skill) but I'm constantly on my toes in every fight and I need to be careful to keep some weaker enemies alive for quick healing while dealing with the bigger guys but also making sure the little guys don't kill me either. So it's a careful balancing act, and it also depends what I'm up against, I am all about getting in close, so things like the native fauna are a breeze, but when marksman and rifleman are bunkered down across the area I need to constantly be moving from cover to cover to be able to choose the gap, while also taking down anyone I can along the way.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.