What you need to know
- Prison Architect is a prison management simulator.
- The game just got a free expansion on PC.
- Another island-focused expansion hits consoles and PC today.
- You can purchase Prison Architect: Xbox One Edition for $30 on the Microsoft Store (opens in new tab).
TodaY, publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Double Eleven released the Island Bound expansion for Prison Architect, the name says it all really. The expansion hit PC and consoles on June 23.
According to the press release Windows Central received, the Island Bound expansion integrates seamlessly with Prison Architect's existing gameplay, expanding it further with more buildings, security options, construction opportunities, and prison customization. You'll be able to create island compounds without needing an access road.
Some of the main features are listed below.
- Upgrade your prison with a ferry and helicopter transport options.
- Upgrade your prison's efficiency by linking docks, helipads, and roads to specific deliveries.
- New security objects make it easier to search deliveries and prisoners.
- Customize your island with over nautical objects.
- Alcatraz Prison and Island are coming to the game.
The expansion costs $10 so you can buy it on the platform of your choice.
Lock 'em up
Don't let anyone escape!
Take control of the building and running of a maximum-security prison as the critically acclaimed lock-em-up arrives on Xbox One.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.