It's time to set sail: Sea of Thieves is now available on Xbox One and Windows 10. If you have dreams of becoming a salty sea dog, Rare's multiplayer pirate adventure is now up for grabs for $59.99 (opens in new tab), or as part of Microsoft's $9.99 Xbox Game Pass (opens in new tab) subscription service.
Sea of Thieves sets players on an open-ended journey for treasure and pirate glory across the high seas. Mainly a multiplayer experience, the game lets players team up with a crew of friends to explore remote islands, take on other crews in ship-on-ship combat, and more, all while dealing with the inherent dangers presented by the sea and the skeletal enemies you'll encounter throughout the environment. And that's to say nothing of the fearsome Kraken that occupies the ocean's depths.
Sea of Thieves is an Xbox Play Anywhere title, so you can buy it once and play across Xbox One and Windows 10 and carry your progress between. The game also supports cross-play between platforms, allowing players to team up no matter where they're playing. And for those playing on Xbox One X, Sea of Thieves will play in 4K with High Dynamic Range (HDR) support.
- See at Amazon (Digital) (opens in new tab)
- See at Amazon (Physical) (opens in new tab)
- See at Microsoft (Digital) (opens in new tab)
- See at Microsoft (Physical) (opens in new tab)
- See at Best Buy (Digital) (opens in new tab)
- See at Best Buy (Physical) (opens in new tab)
- Sea of Thieves on Windows Central
- How to complete your first Sea of Thieves voyage
- Sea of Thieves gameplay tips for new players and budding pirates
- Sea of Thieves ships guide: Tips and tricks for sails, combat, repairs and more
- Your Sea of Thieves items explained: Tools, weapons, consumables and more
- Sea of Thieves skins list: Clothing, weapons, and items
- Sea of Thieves buyer's guide
- How to get new weapons in Sea of Thieves
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.