What you need to know
- Surviving the Aftermath is a new game from Paradox Interactive.
- It's supposed to be like Surviving Mars, but it's set in a post-apocalyptic environment.
- The title got a lot of new features today.
- You can purchase Surviving the Aftermath for $20 on Xbox Game Preview.
Surviving the Aftermath is the next game in Paradox Interactive's "Surviving" brand and will launch in late 2020 on Steam, the Epic Games Store, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. If you're unsure about the title, it's available through the Epic Games Store Early Access and Xbox Game Preview right now. You can purchase it for $20, which appears to be a discounted price until the title launches later this year.
From what Windows Central was told, Surviving the Aftermath is set in a post-apocalyptic world after an asteroid impact, much like Rage 2. It just got a major update today which adds a number of new features. In addition to vehicles and trading, "Update 3: Expeditions" adds two more buildings players can construct in their colony and Twitch integration enabling content creators to engage with their audience.
You can read about the features Paradox Interactive highlighted below.
- Vehicles: Vehicles can be found while exploring the World Map and can be salvaged by specialists. Salvaged vehicles must be brought back to the colony for repairs before your specialists can use them for exploration. Once repaired, players can use vehicles to transport groups of specialists.
- Trade: Players can now trade favors and resources with other societies on the World Map. Using reputation as currency, players set up trade deals whenever a convoy arrives at their colony's gate. The trading convoy will establish trade routes between colonies.
- Buildings: The colony can now house a Refinery and Garage. With the introduction of vehicles comes a new resource to power them, fuel. The Refinery produces fuel from Sunflower Oil harvested from the colony's farms.
- Twitch: Twitch streamers can enable Twitch integrations via Surviving the Aftermath's settings which enables their audience to vote on the next catastrophe or the results of each event.
Are you interested in Surviving the Aftermath? Let us know. It seems like the game is becoming a deeper experience with every update. We can't wait to see how it evolves closer to launch.
Xbox Game Preview
This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game.
Best of the best
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over a hundred games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.