What you need to know
- Surviving the Aftermath is a new game from Paradox Interactive.
- It's supposed to be like Surviving Mars, but it's set in a post-apocalyptic environment.
- The title got a lot of new features today.
- You can purchase Surviving the Aftermath for $20 on Xbox Game Preview.
Surviving the Aftermath is the next game in Paradox Interactive's "Surviving" brand and will launch in late 2020 on Steam, the Epic Games Store, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. If you're unsure about the title, it's available through the Epic Games Store Early Access and Xbox Game Preview right now. You can purchase it for $20, which appears to be a discounted price until the title launches later this year.
From what Windows Central was told, Surviving the Aftermath is set in a post-apocalyptic world after an asteroid impact, much like Rage 2. It just got a major update today which adds a number of new features. In addition to vehicles and trading, "Update 3: Expeditions" adds two more buildings players can construct in their colony and Twitch integration enabling content creators to engage with their audience.
You can read about the features Paradox Interactive highlighted below.
- Vehicles: Vehicles can be found while exploring the World Map and can be salvaged by specialists. Salvaged vehicles must be brought back to the colony for repairs before your specialists can use them for exploration. Once repaired, players can use vehicles to transport groups of specialists.
- Trade: Players can now trade favors and resources with other societies on the World Map. Using reputation as currency, players set up trade deals whenever a convoy arrives at their colony's gate. The trading convoy will establish trade routes between colonies.
- Buildings: The colony can now house a Refinery and Garage. With the introduction of vehicles comes a new resource to power them, fuel. The Refinery produces fuel from Sunflower Oil harvested from the colony's farms.
- Twitch: Twitch streamers can enable Twitch integrations via Surviving the Aftermath's settings which enables their audience to vote on the next catastrophe or the results of each event.
Are you interested in Surviving the Aftermath? Let us know. It seems like the game is becoming a deeper experience with every update. We can't wait to see how it evolves closer to launch.
Xbox Game Preview
This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game.
Best of the best
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over a hundred games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Microsoft Surface Cyber Monday Deals: Surface Pro 7 down to $600
Microsoft's Surface lineup has grown by leaps and bounds over the years. Whether you're looking for the newest Surface Pro X or Pro 7 or are willing to settle for a previous generation at an even more discounted price, we've got all the best deals you're going to find around the 'net right here.
Need a new laptop to run VR? Here are the best devices out there now.
Using a laptop to power your VR system makes it easy to take it with you wherever you go. Not just any laptop is going to work for VR, though, so we rounded up your best options right here.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.