What you need to know
- Microsoft Teams has updates available on iOS and Android.
- The Android update allows you to receive calls from any Teams account, regardless of which one you're active in.
- The iOS update for Teams lets you join Breakout Rooms from mobile devices.
Microsoft has updates for Teams on both iOS and Android. The updates don't share any features in common, but both include new features that improve the Teams experience. The Android update brings Teams to version 1416/126.96.36.1991010802 while the iOS update brings Teams to version 2.3.0 (via OnMSFT).
Here's everything that's new on Microsoft Teams for iOS:
- Control meeting options directly from the meeting details tab
- Better search results for meetings. Search phrases like "next meeting", "strategy meeting", etc.
- Mobile meeting attendees can join Breakout rooms
- Teams defaults to your device's theme setting
The biggest addition on iOS is the ability for people on mobile devices to join Breakout Rooms. Breakout Rooms allow people to split off into smaller sub meetings, and mobile support should make that process much easier.
Teams on Android has just one new feature:
- Receive calls from any Teams account you're signed in to, regardless of which account you're active in
The ability to receive calls regardless of which account you're active in is a welcome change. People frequently struggle with communicating through multiple accounts on Teams on mobile devices.
The updates should be available now for anyone using Teams on iOS or Android through their respective app stores.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.