Nokia’s been busy today.
We’ve seen updates rolling out for a variety of their handsets and apps. Now we’ve got two app updates for HERE Transit and App Social. Let’s check out what’s new in both apps below.
App Social is Nokia’s new way to discovery great apps on Windows Phone. It’s a mix between a social network and app store, it’s also pretty cool. If you head to the Windows Phone Store you’ll see the app at version 188.8.131.520.
We’re waiting to hear back from Nokia on what’s new in this latest version, but we’ll let you guys have the complete change log when we get it. If you’re running the App Social Beta you’ll be familiar with the features in this update.
Nokia’s HERE Transit app is a life savior if you ever need to figure out the best way to get to a location via bus, train, or subway. The app is now at version 5.0.2231.0 in the Windows Phone Store and features the following changes:
- Customize your walking speed, preferred walking distance, number of changes and transport modes for better personalization
- Spot nearby stations with LiveSight for better orientation
- Get built-in, turn-by-turn walk directions in map and list view for door-to-door guidance
- See your favorites with one tap. Add and edit them with other HERE apps and on here.com
- Long-tap on a station on the ‘Nearby’ screen to start journey directions
The update for HERE Transit is pretty cool too. It’s nice that you can customize your preferred walking speed so HERE Transit can take that in to account when helping you plan your route. Having your favorite locations one tap away is also an appreciated addition to the app.
Want to grab these apps? Use the QR codes below or swipe to the right in our app. There’s also links to the Windows Phone Store below.
App Social – Windows Phone Store
HERE Transit – Windows Phone Store
Thanks for the tips everyone!