What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 18965 is now rolling out on the Insider Fast ring.
- This build mostly focuses on fixes and improvements, but there is also a new "app restart" setting.
- You can grab build 18965 now via Windows Update if you're a Fast ring Insider.
Updated August 22, 2019: Microsoft has pushed out another update to Fast ring Insiders with build 18965.1005. There's nothing new in this release; it's a small cumulative update intended to help Microsoft test its servicing pipeline.
Another week has gone by, which means it's time for another new Windows 10 20H1 preview build for Fast ring Insiders to check out. This week, Insiders can get their hands on build 18965, which includes a new setting for controlling app restarts, as well as several general fixes and improvements. The release notes also detail the recent updates to the Feedback Hub app that were revealed earlier this week.
Here's a look at what's new in Windows 10 20H1 build 18965:
Control over restarting apps at sign-in
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in the screens shown while updating Windows unexpectedly saying "managed by your organization" for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the taskbar unexpectedly hiding sometimes when launching the touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue where some of the colors weren't correct in Language Settings if using High Contrast White.
- We fixed an issue that could result in background tasks not working in certain apps.
- We fixed an issue where if you set focus to the notification area of the taskbar via WIN+B, then opened a flyout and pressed Esc to close it, then the focus rectangle would no longer show up correctly anymore.
- We fixed an issue where on the Bluetooth & Other Settings page, the device type wasn't read out loud when using a screen reader.
- We fixed an issue resulting in help links not being accessible when adding a new wireless display device on the Bluetooth & Other Settings page if the text scaling was set to 200%.
If you're enrolled in the Windows Insider program's Fast ring, you can grab build 18965 via Windows Update now. For more, including a look at the known issues in this build, check out Microsoft's full release notes at the Windows Blog.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.