What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 18965 is now rolling out on the Insider Fast ring.
- This build mostly focuses on fixes and improvements, but there is also a new "app restart" setting.
- You can grab build 18965 now via Windows Update if you're a Fast ring Insider.
Updated August 22, 2019: Microsoft has pushed out another update to Fast ring Insiders with build 18965.1005. There's nothing new in this release; it's a small cumulative update intended to help Microsoft test its servicing pipeline.
Another week has gone by, which means it's time for another new Windows 10 20H1 preview build for Fast ring Insiders to check out. This week, Insiders can get their hands on build 18965, which includes a new setting for controlling app restarts, as well as several general fixes and improvements. The release notes also detail the recent updates to the Feedback Hub app that were revealed earlier this week.
Here's a look at what's new in Windows 10 20H1 build 18965:
Control over restarting apps at sign-in
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in the screens shown while updating Windows unexpectedly saying "managed by your organization" for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the taskbar unexpectedly hiding sometimes when launching the touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue where some of the colors weren't correct in Language Settings if using High Contrast White.
- We fixed an issue that could result in background tasks not working in certain apps.
- We fixed an issue where if you set focus to the notification area of the taskbar via WIN+B, then opened a flyout and pressed Esc to close it, then the focus rectangle would no longer show up correctly anymore.
- We fixed an issue where on the Bluetooth & Other Settings page, the device type wasn't read out loud when using a screen reader.
- We fixed an issue resulting in help links not being accessible when adding a new wireless display device on the Bluetooth & Other Settings page if the text scaling was set to 200%.
If you're enrolled in the Windows Insider program's Fast ring, you can grab build 18965 via Windows Update now. For more, including a look at the known issues in this build, check out Microsoft's full release notes at the Windows Blog.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
NEW BUILD TIME.
downloading when I get home in an hour. 🕺
Still waiting on a fix for the rapid storage issues. The offered fix does not work.
I'm experiencing the same problem. I cannot download the new updates due to this issue. It just won't let me install the new builds at all.
Hope I can install it, I haven't been able to install a build for a while on the Lenovo YOGA C630, the ARM one. Any ideas?
I downloaded and installed this new version today (i7-3770k 4.0 Ghz, 16GB DDR3, 256GB SSD machine). About 3 hours later, I received a notification for a cumulative security update for this version.. So I downloaded and installed that too.
Is anybody else experiencing issues with the devices listed in Bluetooth and printers?
Yes. All names rendered as empty rectangles.
It's a known issue. Seen Microsoft developers talking about it on reddit.
same for me too. MS needs to to fix this ASAP 😔
Good to know. won't apply this to my laptop. on my desktop where i have this release, as well as the security updates released hours later, I am seeing those rectangles...
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.