What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19541 is now available for Fast ring Insiders.
- This update brings a new location icon, an update to the Cortana app, and several bug fixes and improvements.
- Fast ring Insiders can grab this build via Windows Update now.
Microsoft released a new build to Fast ring Insiders recently. Windows 10 build 19541 includes several bug fixes and improvements alongside an update to the Cortana app and a new location icon for when an app is tracking your location.
Here's a look at the full release notes for build 19541.
What's new in build 19541
Location in-use icon update
- As some keen eyed Insiders have noticed, we've updated the notification area icon for when an app is using your location. The new icon looks like this:
Showing architecture in Task Manager
- When you're using the Details tab in Task Manager, we've added a new option to show the architecture of each process. If you're interested, you can add it by right-clicking on a column header, choosing Select Columns, and selecting Architecture from the list.
Other updates for Insiders
Cortana App Update:
Following up on our previous post, we want to let Insiders know that Bing Instant Answers and Timers are back online. We're continuing to work on getting jokes (and other assistant conversations) back up and running, and appreciate your patience.
If you're running English (United States) and would like to try it out, here are some example queries you can use with Hey Cortana or by typing into Cortana:
- Set a timer for 10 minutes
- When was the Space Needle built?
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue impacted System Settings reliability.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Windows Update "Reboot needed" notifications persisting reboot.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the update speed in Task Manager unexpectedly being set to Paused.
- We fixed an issue when using Narrator that could result in Start not saying the correct index of an app in the all apps list.
- -We fixed an issue where the Search window wasn't showing acrylic at the top. *- We fixed an issue from the previous build resulting in the Feedback Hub unexpectedly not showing store apps in the list of contexts when logging feedback under the Apps category. This same issue resulted in the symptom of apps continuing to show Install in the Microsoft Store, rather than Launch, after the app had been installed.
As always, you can read the full release notes, including the build's known issues on the Windows blog. The update should be available to Fast ring insiders now through Windows Update.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.