Windows 10 has touchpad gestures that everyone should know. You'll need a precision touchpad to use them all, but experiment to see which ones work on your PC. We'll show you how the gestures look on a Surface Pro 3.
- Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically.
- Zoom in or out: Place two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out.
- Show more commands (similar to right-clicking): Tap the touchpad with two fingers, or press in the lower-right corner.
- Drag windows: Double-tap and drag the menu bar (top of app window)
- See all open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them away from you.
- Show Task view: If you're viewing all open windows (from the step above), swipe up again with three fingers.
- Show the desktop: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them towards yourself.
- Switch between open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left.
- Cortana/Action Center: Tap the touchpad with three fingers.
How to check if your PC has a precision touchpad
Precision touchpads are a new kind of touchpad designed for PCs that run Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows 10. They're great for using a variety of touch gestures to get around your PC quickly. To find out if your PC has a precision touchpad, go to Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad. Look for the message, "Your PC has a precision touchpad." You can also change or disable gestures here.
If you think this guide is helpful, we have many more posts like this in our Windows 10 help, tips and tricks page.
Got $200? If so, you can afford one of these excellent displays.
Getting a great PC monitor doesn't mean you have to spend megabucks. There are naturally some compromises, and you won't get 4K in that price range. But that's not always a bad thing. These are the best options for less than $200.
Surface Duo is better at multitasking than Galaxy Z Fold 2. Here's why.
The $2,000 Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 and $1,400 Microsoft Surface Duo are garnering many headlines because of pricing, and they both "fold" in some manner. But these devices are radically different, a point demonstrated with great effectiveness by @iAm_erica in this new video.
Review: Samsung Galaxy Book S brings amazing battery life, tough keyboard
Samsung's Galaxy Book S runs the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx ARM processor. With a slick, slim design and weighing just 2.1lbs how does this ultra-light laptop handle office productivity? With exceptionally good battery life and that always-on 4G LTE we have some thoughts in our latest review.
Best Skins and Cases for Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 in 2020
The Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 is one of the best convertible laptops on the market, but what type of skin or case should you get for it? Here's what we think.