Another fairly quiet week on the Windows Phone 7 front while the hype for Mango increases, but the WPCentral app is back in black with version 1.2, which is now available in the Marketplace. The Windows Mobile 6.5 web accessible Marketplace is going offline as well as the MyPhone. Fancy a WP7 device?
Microsoft has released more updates on the updates, which should have updated the devices that required updating back in the update designated month of "update February". Focus users are told to remain vigilant while Microsoft battle hard to get things sorted. Switching to future mode, Mango is to receive new features in SkyDrive and the Zune Pass along with some WP7 dedicated services are planned to be expanded beyond UK and US.
For all you trigger happy gamers, Glyder is this week's Xbox Live Deal and geoDefense is readily available on the Marketplace. Worship WP7 so much that you'd do anything to see your Xbox avatar have one as a prop? Now you can for free!
Unfortunately, something that wont be able to be exploited for free is using SkyDrive for music streaming, although the Zune service should be sufficient enough for all your music needs. Bing Audio (which will be replacing the likes of Shazam) is reported to dynamically analyse music for more responsive matching.
Microsoft has brought a new bargain to the table with selling select WP7 devices for just a penny (on contract of course) while U.S. Cellular jump onto the steam train for their HTC device roll-out later this year. The HTC HD7s on AT&T is backordered already, could this be due to low stock or the fact that the device is highly desired? Staying on the HD7s, you can pick one up for $50 at Best Buy.
With Apple in the news through copying Microsoft, Google, RIM etc. with features added into iOS5 (while they actively sue anyone for calling the round green/red shaped fruit an apple), Microsoft is flattered by their competitor implementing features already found in WP7. Matt Hasselbeck, quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks, has been interviewed (over Twitter, of all means of communication) about his usage of WP7, specifically the Focus and Trophy handsets.
Should you feel as though you need to do more to protect your device, why not check out some awesome homemade Windows Phone bags? To close off our "fun" highlights of this week, Xbox Live Extras for Mango accidently appeared in the Marketplace. It's all laughs and jokes, right?
Developers, or should I say Android developers? Anyway, Microsoft has released a mapping tool which is much like their iOS tool that they previously released. Fancy developing for our platform? Now it's even easier.
Allow Scotty to beam you up past the break for the highlights.
- The official WPCentral app is back in black with v1.2--now available
- Windows Mobile web Marketplace shut down
- Microsoft's update on the Windows Phone Update
- New features heading to Skydrive with Mango
- Microsoft throws its support behind AT&T
- Zune Pass and more going beyond US and UK
- Wake up! Glyder is the Xbox Live Deal of the Week
- geoDefense now available on the Marketplace. Start building those towers!
- Free Windows Phone avatar prop for Xbox 360 owners
- Streaming music not headed to SkyDrive
- Mango: 'Bing Audio' dynamically analyzes music for faster matching
- Microsoft store selling select Windows Phones for a penny
- U.S. Cellular to get HTC Windows Phone device "this year"
- AT&T HD7s backordered already--low stock or selling well?
- HD7s for $50 at Best Buy
- Microsoft "Flattered" by Apple
- Pro Bowl Quarterback gets a Trophy
- Homemade Windows Phone bags now available
- KLM Airlines lifts a page from the Metro UI design book
- Xbox Live Extras for Mango accidentally appears in Marketplace
- Microsoft releases Android to WP7 mapping tool [Developers]
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: Surface Pro X (2020) gets a tiny processor bump, but fresh colors
Microsoft's Surface Pro X (2020) now features new color options and a slightly faster processor. What does that mean in terms of overall improvement in performance? Not a whole lot. But luckily, Surface Pro X still has an unmatched design and feature set that makes it utterly unique. Here is our full review.
These great Thunderbolt 3 docks turn your laptop into a desktop
Looking to make the most of your super-fast Thunderbolt 3 connection? The CalDigit TS3 Plus is our top pick thanks to plenty of ports and solid construction, but there are a bunch of other options that might better suit your needs.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 3:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 3:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Best Xbox Series X, Series S Accessories 2020
Are you grabbing an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S? These are the most essential accessories you need to complete the experience.