WMExperts Podcast 22 -- Treo 800w and More
We talk about the Treo 800w from Mal's perspective, some of the news that's hit in our extended hiatus, and your emails. Also: we can't stop talking about movies at the beginning of the podcast, fair warning.
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with this flash player:
- Treo 800w. So much 800w, so little time. All those pre-release leaks, the device, the maps app, the refinement, the hardware-accelerated power
- Moto Napolean
- Samsung i788 / BlackJack III coming soon?
- Surprise! HTC Diamond can work on the 850 EDGE band. There's also Victor
- Opera Mobile 9.5
- RIP SERO SOB
- Hosted Exchange by Microsoft + Live Mesh is Live-er
- Microsoft's new WinMo App Portal
- T-Mo 3G expanding (finally)
Tips and/or Software
Oldie but goodie: browse your network shares via PIE
Also, check out GPSToday, the Today Screen Plugin Mal mentioned during the show, it's sweet.
Thanks to Sunshine, Eric, and Rob for writing in!
Thanks to the WMExperts Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
You?d have to add chrome accents and change to a sleek shinny black casing to keep it from looking like a relic from 4 years ago; yeah I?m lookin? at you Treo 800w. The irony is that if the iPhone does get a keyboard, this is probably the form factor that they?ll use. You heard it here first?
The only reason I'm not using this device right now is because Verizon does not offer the $30 Email/Smartphone plan for this phone. I'd have to go back to the $45 plan (no, this doesn't make any sense; but carriers are evil afterall, so we shouldn't really be surprised).
Yeah, that makes sense. Imax is a 70mm variant and if anyone knows anything about film, 70mm is a b*tch to work with--cameras are large, expensive film, etc.
Still...70mm owns 35mm and digital.
@Malatesta - I used to be like you on touching my screen, then I upgraded my 700wx to a touch. Talk about a shock to the system! Now that ive gotten used to it, its not too bad! Of course my screen needs cleaning quite a bit. A good screen protector is crucial to not show prints as bad!