WMExperts Podcast Episode 81
The third annual Smartphone Round Robin is under way, and Dieter joins Malatesta and Phil to kick things off. Also, some HD2 news, Skyfire's updated, and a big bonus at the end.
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Top o' the news
- The third annual Smartphone Round Robin is under way. First up: Phil goes hands-on with webOS.
- Review: HTC Imagio from Verizon
- Telus launches LG IQ for $99 (with a 3-year contract)
- More on the LG Expo's fingerprint scanner and "Smart Sensor" technology
- Omnia II has very rare but very real issue with Outlook & McAfee
- The HD2 is not indestructible
- Vodafone is/isn't ditching the HD2
- AT&T's HP iPAQ Glisten now available online
- Skyfire browser upgraded to version 1.5: Smoother, full-screen, full VGA support
- Video hands-on with Skyfire 1.5
- Touch Pro 2 tip: Fix the "Cases with magnets' issue
- Hack: Dual clock now available for Sense 2.1
- Google ups the ante: QR codes and Google Goggles ... But Microsoft Tag won't play nice
- T-Mobile to get Windows Mobile 6.5 on Jan. 6?
- Swype Input keyboard ripped for most devices
- Various Diamond 2 and Touch Pro 2 WM6.5 updates across the pond
- Fix for SMS syncing bug with Microsoft My Phone
Drop us a line. E-mail email@example.com. Call us at (866) 904-5882 ext. 222. Hit us up on Twitter - @wmexperts, Deiter, Phil, Malatesta, George, Tim.
Thanks to the WMExperts Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!
I never thought my joke about the Malware would actually make it to the podcast. hahaha. That's awesome. You should totally use it Mal.
podcast late again i c. reminds me of wm7!
lol. Not that late. It was out by Monday night. :p
Just to re-iterate my previous rant, the 600 MHZ Qualcomm MSM7227 in the HTC 2010 leak is not a new architecture. It uses the same CPU architecture as the OLD and hated MSM7200, just clocked a little bit faster. According to Qualcomm, this chip was designed for low-end smartphones. HTC if these leaks are correct and you don't have better WinMo handsets (Cortex-A8 or equiv) for 1H10, SHAME ON YOU!
BeyondPod!!! I use it all the time for downloading Podcasts.
Been waiting for this! nice.