Interested in becoming a Crime Lord? You now can with Crime Coast for Windows Phone. The game puts you in the midst of gang warfare at coastal cities, transforming them into gangster paradise. Team up with friends to become partners in crime, build up your own empire and take on the well-established strongholds to reap the rewards.
Crime Coast is an end result of Greenshoots, the initiative by Microsoft and Creative England that offered up to 10 indie game studios a cash injection of up to £25,000. Here are some of the features highlighted on the Windows Phone Store:
- Detailed city building featuring everything from junkyards to mansions
- Choose from 1 of 8 unique bad-ass henchmen from various nations to make sure your gang succeeds
- Competitive multiplayer mafia mode
- Use your corrupt attorney. He's great for breaking out cons to work for you
- Raid rival mafia kings' towns and cities to steal their loot and protect your own city at all costs
- Rich and detailed sprite-based art style
- Unique vehicle system. Ride along on a raid or deploy a car bomb for total destruction
- Lighthearted comedy. Spot the jokes and movie references
- Innovative social gameplay features. Watch your friends' backs or, if you have to, become a snitch!
A network connection is required since it's an online title. There are also in-app purchases available, but you can grab Crime Coast for free.