When we got our hands on the new Surface Pro 3 yesterday, Microsoft has already attached the Surface Pen to the new Type Cover. While it does a great job at securing the Pen, we’re not completely happy with the way it looks. Check out some of the other ways you can attach the Surface Pen to the Surface Pro 3. Head past the break to watch the video.
1. There’s space between the new magnetic strip and the keyboard on the Surface Pro Type Cover. You can use that to clip on the Pen.
2. If you’re not using the Type Cover, you can attach the Pen to the right side of the Surface Pro 3. The magnets for the AC connecter is in this general area to pull in the Pen.
3. If you’re holding the Surface Pro 3 in portrait mode, you can attach the Surface Pen on top of the left side. The magnets for the Type Cover are in this area to pull in the Pen.
4. Same as number 3, but at the bottom.
5. These next two ways are very impractical, but some of you may want to know about them anyway. If you’re holding it in portrait mode, you can attach the Surface Pen towards the top left corner of the display. There’s a magnet here for the stabilizing strip on the Type Cover.
6. Same as number 5, but towards the bottom.
I’ve already decided to take off the flap for the Surface Pen the new Type Cover. Do you think you’ll do the same when you buy the Surface Pro 3? Let us know in the comments!
- Hands-on with the Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft, an ultrathin tablet with a stellar screen
- Check out the Surface Pro 3 in these high resolution photos
- Here are the dates and availability of the Surface Pro 3
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: EufyCam 2 Kit is the best home-security setup with no fees
If you're looking for a sound home security camera system, Eufy is your best bet. All your video data is kept local, with no cloud storage, and there are no subscriptions whatsoever. Combined with excellent features, low-light ability, and a battery that lasts a year, Eufy is way better than Ring. Here's why.
These are the best laptops HP has to offer
The Spectre x360 13t is currently the best HP laptop you can buy thanks to a potent blend of performance and design. However, there are plenty more options that come close to taking the top spot.
Microsoft's upcoming Surface Pro 8 and Surface Laptop 4 images leak
Microsoft is expected to launch new versions of its Surface Pro and Surface Laptop early next year, and today images of those products have appeared online as they pass through certification in Korea. These images confirm that the devices won't be featuring any new designs, instead opting to keep the external chassis' the same as the previous generation.
Solid alternatives to the Surface Pen and Surface Slim Pen
The Surface Pen and Surface Slim Pen are great styli for the hardware that support them, but what if you didn't take to Microsoft's official pens and want an alternative? We rounded up some options to get you started.