ASUS' new 'TUF' 2019 gaming laptops elect Ryzen chips, FreeSync
ASUS' "TUF" gaming brand has some new laptops for your perusal, revealed at CES 2019.
ASUS' TUF gaming brand has unveiled a couple of new laptop models at CES 2019, bringing some Ryzen goodness for good measure.
The new laptops utilize Ryzen's Picasso Mobile APUs, with four cores and eight threads for "capable" performance and every day work. According to ASUS, the FX705DY model boasts around seven hours of video playback, and the second FX505DY model should net you around six. Both models come with FreeSync for smoother frames, with the higher-end model FX505DY hitting 60 Hz, and the lower-end hitting 40 Hz.
- IPS-level NanoEdge Display and AMD FreeSync™ for Amazing In-game Visuals: FreeSync minimizes stutter, tearing, and input lag, so you experience smoother and more immersive gameplay on the narrow-bezel FHD display
- Game-ready Performance: The latest AMD® Ryzen™ processor and Radeon™ RX 560X graphics deliver an engaging experience in popular games and enough power for everyday work
- Military-grade Toughness: Meets MIL-STD 810G standards to ensure it withstands everyday bumps and knocks, as well as temperature and humidity extremes
- Desktop-inspired RGB-backlit Keyboard: Customizable lighting offers numerous colors and effects, while Overstroke technology shortens the actuation distance for faster response and improved feel
- HyperCool Technology for Improved Durability: Integrated Anti-Dust design and HyperFan help maintain peak performance and stable cooling over the long run
|Processor||AMD® Ryzen™ 5 3550H|
|Operating system||Windows 10|
|Display||15.6" FHD NanoEdge wide-view display up to 120Hz|
17.3" FHD NanoEdge wide-view display
|Graphics||AMD® Radeon™ RX 560X|
|Memory||Up to 32GB DDR4 2400MHz|
|Storage||Up to 512GB PCIe® SSD|
Up to 1TB FireCuda™ SSHD
|Connectivity||2 x USB 3.1 Gen1|
1 x USB 2.0
1 x HDMI 2.0
1 x RJ-45 jack
1 x 3.5mm headphone and mic combo jack
1 x Kensington lock
|Keyboard and touchpad||1.8mm key travel|
Customizable RGB or red backlighting
|Audio||DTS Headphone: X|
|Battery||48Wh Lithium-polymer battery (FX505DY)|
64Wh Lithium-polymer battery (FX705DY)
|AC adapter||120W power adaptor|
Regarding pricing, ASUS is quiet for now, but the company says they'll become available in Q1.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Jez Corden a Managing Editor at Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!