What you need to know
- Box announced new features for Microsoft Teams that make it easier to sync and manage files.
- Box will allow you to automatically sync a folder within a Microsoft Teams chat.
- The new features should be available in October.
Box announced several new features for Microsoft Teams that should roll out in October. Box already has an integration with Teams that was rebuilt earlier this year. These new features build upon that foundation and make it easier to manage and sync files. The improvements include people being able to sync Box folders automatically within a Teams chat and the ability to grant access to Box files directly within Teams.
Box highlights three new features that are on the way:
- Users can choose a Box folder to be synced automatically within a Microsoft Teams chat
- Instantly grant access to Box files from within Teams
- Receive Box notifications related to content activity directly within Teams
These new features should make it much easier to keep files up to date and reduce the chance of people accidentally working on an older version of a file.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.