How to change user account type using Control Panel
To change an account type using Control Panel, use these steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Under the "User Accounts" section, click the Change account type option.
- Select the account that you want to change.
- Click the Change the account type option.
- Select either Standard or Administrator as required.
- Click the Change Account Type button.
After you complete the steps, the next time the user signs in to the account, it'll be limited to the permissions allowed by the user group that you specified.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Mauro Huculak is technical writer for WindowsCentral.com. His primary focus is to write comprehensive how-tos to help users get the most out of Windows 10 and its many related technologies. He has an IT background with professional certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, and CompTIA, and he's a recognized member of the Microsoft MVP community.