HP has announced a partnership with PC gaming accessory company SteelSeries. They will collaborate on a new series of OMEN-branded products, including gaming mice, keyboards and headsets. All of them are slated to go on sale in mid-September.
These new products are in addition to HP's new OMEN gaming PC desktops and notebooks it will sell this fall. The HP Omen Mouse with SteelSeries will be priced at $59.99. Here's a quick look at its features:
- Pixel-perfect movement: Extreme precision with zero hardware acceleration, true 1:1 tracking, and best-in-class CPI adjustments.
- Relentlessly engineered: Proprietary SteelSeries switches maintain their tactile feel for over 30 million clicks.
- Lighting at your fingertips: Intelligent RGB illumination, capable of 16.8 million colors, gives you nearly limitless customization.
The HP OMEN Keyboard with SteelSeries will cost $99.99. Here's a quick description:
- Light up your game: 5 zones capable of 16.8 million colors gives you nearly limitless customization.
- One-touch combos: Program the 88 built-in macro keys for easy combos with just one keystroke.
- Expand your arsenal: Command total control with 2 integrated USB 2.0 ports and dedicated media controls.
- Ghost killer: 20 keys in the most-used gaming areas support anti-ghosting so every command is executed.
Finally, the HP OMEN Headset with SteelSeries will sell for.$79.99. Here's what it will offer:
- Balanced soundscape: Hear the key frequencies important to competitive gaming and never miss a critical sound.(2)
- Professional-grade comfort: The lightweight headband and padded ear-cushions evenly distribute its weight for supreme comfort.
- Retractable mic: Pull out the mic for team play, and retract it safely into the ear cup when you solo queue.
- 3.5mm mobile adapter included: You can also use your headset with a mobile device, PS4, or the latest Xbox One controller.
In related news, the company also announced plans to offer an OMEN X by HP Curved Display:
HP did not offer an image or any further deals on this curved display, nor did it reveal a price tag. It will go on sale sometime in early 2017.
one. logo. change. ...can make a difference
It's a butterfly. No, it's a crying Pokémon. Or is it a Rorschach inkblot?
Yup! That's a skinned Rival, Apex and Siberia. Having said that.... I would still buy it if I had the $$$
it's good with the keyboard what's that extra USB
Most likely power and the writing itself. My keyboard have that
The extra USB connector is to power the two USB ports included on the keyboard. I have the Apex M800 and it's awesome.
They look flat-top chicklet keys on the keyboard, and not tall enough to be a mechanical keyboard. That would not be good for a gaming keyboard. Does anyone know if they are, or is that just a poor rendering?
It's a Steelseries APEX ... might not be mechanical
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.