HP has announced a partnership with PC gaming accessory company SteelSeries. They will collaborate on a new series of OMEN-branded products, including gaming mice, keyboards and headsets. All of them are slated to go on sale in mid-September.
These new products are in addition to HP's new OMEN gaming PC desktops and notebooks it will sell this fall. The HP Omen Mouse with SteelSeries will be priced at $59.99. Here's a quick look at its features:
- Pixel-perfect movement: Extreme precision with zero hardware acceleration, true 1:1 tracking, and best-in-class CPI adjustments.
- Relentlessly engineered: Proprietary SteelSeries switches maintain their tactile feel for over 30 million clicks.
- Lighting at your fingertips: Intelligent RGB illumination, capable of 16.8 million colors, gives you nearly limitless customization.
The HP OMEN Keyboard with SteelSeries will cost $99.99. Here's a quick description:
- Light up your game: 5 zones capable of 16.8 million colors gives you nearly limitless customization.
- One-touch combos: Program the 88 built-in macro keys for easy combos with just one keystroke.
- Expand your arsenal: Command total control with 2 integrated USB 2.0 ports and dedicated media controls.
- Ghost killer: 20 keys in the most-used gaming areas support anti-ghosting so every command is executed.
Finally, the HP OMEN Headset with SteelSeries will sell for.$79.99. Here's what it will offer:
- Balanced soundscape: Hear the key frequencies important to competitive gaming and never miss a critical sound.(2)
- Professional-grade comfort: The lightweight headband and padded ear-cushions evenly distribute its weight for supreme comfort.
- Retractable mic: Pull out the mic for team play, and retract it safely into the ear cup when you solo queue.
- 3.5mm mobile adapter included: You can also use your headset with a mobile device, PS4, or the latest Xbox One controller.
In related news, the company also announced plans to offer an OMEN X by HP Curved Display:
Display quality affects the overall gaming experience and to round out the OMEN ecosystem, HP is introducing the OMEN X Curved Display, which adds a new level of realism and immersion for end-users. The curved display is the first from HP to offer NVIDIA G-Sync Technology, integrating the latest technologies and more choices for customers seeking wide viewing angles and a smooth gaming experience.
HP did not offer an image or any further deals on this curved display, nor did it reveal a price tag. It will go on sale sometime in early 2017.
How to sell your old Xbox to buy a new Xbox Series X, Series S
Looking to upgrade to the Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S? Here are our tips for selling your original Xbox One console.
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
These are the best gaming mice for folks with large hands
A great gaming mouse is important for anyone looking to get into PC gaming. However, if you have large hands, you may struggle to find a mouse that feels comfortable for you. Thankfully, there are plenty of plus-sized mouse options on the market.