Immortals Fenyx Rising post-launch plans include a new land inspired by Chinese mythology and more
I am very excited for this game and its post-launch content.
What you need to know
- Immortals Fenyx Rising is getting a Season Pass with three new story-driven expansions.
- These expansions will add new playable characters and a land based on Chinese mythology.
- Immortals is set to release next month on December 3, 2020.
Immortals Fenyx Rising is getting a heaping of post-launch content with a Season Pass. Ubisoft revealed that alongside daily quests and weekly dungeon challenges, Immortals will be getting three expansion episodes that are "narrative-based" DLCs. The Season Pass will cost $40.
- A New God: Fenyx will embark on a new adventure set in Olympos Palace, home of the gods. This journey will require Fenyx to overcome the Trial of the Olympians, immersing players in beautifully crafted and challenging vaults built by the gods, in order to join the Inner Circle of the Pantheon.
- Myths of the Eastern Realm: Set in Chinese Mythology, the game's second episode will introduce a new hero, Ku, who sets out on a journey to save mortals in a new mystical land at the frontier of the Sky and Earth. Players will need to master Ku's unique fighting style and abilities, inspired by Chinese martial arts, to defeat new enemies and monsters from Chinese mythology.
- The Lost Gods: The third and final episode will feature top-down gameplay, all-new brawler combat and a new hero, Ash, chosen by Fenyx to bring back the lost gods. The episode will take place on a new mysterious island where players will explore regions inspired by these lost gods, to restore balance on Earth.
If you've read any of my Immortals Fenyx Rising previews, you'll know how much fun I've already had with the game from what little I've been able to play so far. In one of my interviews with Immortals Fenyx Rising Associate Game Director Julien Galloudec, I even asked if they'd like to explore other mythologies other than Greek in the series, to which he replied he "cannot say much." I guess now I know why.
Immortals Fenyx Rising is set to release on December 3, 2020 for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Stadia. If you're looking to get the most out of your gaming experience, you might also be interesting in some of the best headsets for Xbox Series X.
Gods & Monsters
Save the Greek pantheon
Immortals Fenyx rising is shaping up to be quite the adventure set in the mythical land of the Golden Isle. When the titan Typhon escapes Tartarus and exacts revenge on the gods you wronged him, it's up to you to save the day. Explore seven distinct regions based on the gods and earn their blessings to vanquish your enemies.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Jennifer Locke has been playing video games nearly her entire life, and is very happy Xbox is growing a stronger first-party portfolio. You can find her obsessing over Star Wars and other geeky things on Twitter @JenLocke95.