Days after it first rolled out to Windows Insiders on the SLow ring, the ISO files for Windows 10 preview build 17127 are now available to download. If you're a Windows Insider, you can download and use the build 17127 files from Microsoft to perform a clean install.
Build 17127 includes a few Cortana-related improvements, as well as several general changes and bug fixes. In particular build 17127 introduced a new profile page for Cortana, along with tips for Cortna's default skills and more. Here's a recap of what's new in this build:
A new profile page! We're introducing a new server-powered profile page in Cortana for you to add and edit your favorite places. The places you add are used to give you traffic updates for your daily commute, and let you easily set reminders when you arrive or leave your places. To get to this page, head to the Notebook section of Cortana and click the button to the right of your name. This is available for all Cortana markets*.
Cortana's new Notebook goes international with improved performance: We've received some great feedback about our updated Notebook design announced with Build 17063, and are happy to share that this new design is now available for all markets* and languages where Cortana is supported. In addition several performance improvements have been deployed that should make Notebook load faster. Note, some experiences may vary depending on the market you are in.
Learn to use a Skill in Notebook: Default Skills in Cortana's Notebook (like Weather, Sports, and News) now come with a set of tips for questions you can ask Cortana to get you started – either click the suggestion, type it out yourself, or just talk to Cortana and she'll pull up the information you requested.
Windows Mixed Reality
- We fixed the issue where the inbox apps would fail to load inside of Windows Mixed Reality.
- We're still investigating some rare instances where newly placed holograms appear empty and the shell may restart when switching between places."We saved this conversation. You'll see it soon in the Conversations tab in Skype for Business and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where if you had your phone linked to your PC prior to upgrading, you'll find it has become unlinked after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge crashing when turning off certain extensions.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would crash when using scan mode to read dialogs in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the page up and page down keys not working when using Microsoft Edge in Reading View.
- We fixed an issue resulting in focus being lost after using WIN+A to close the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue where if you switched your formatting to Japanese without having the Japanese language in your language list, newly installed apps wouldn't appear in Start.
If you're an Insider, you can pick up the build 17127 ISO files at the Windows Insider website now. Build 17133, which just hit the Fast ring and is expected to be the RTM build, will presumably make its way to the Slow ring before too long and, eventually, be released as an ISO as well.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Microsoft has given us no reason to believe the Surface Duo will be good
Microsoft has made some amazing Surface products, but there's nothing in its history, or what we know so far, that leads me to be confident that the Surface Duo will be a good product. It's incredibly ambitious, but it's being set up to fail.
Hands-on with Surface Duo's OS gestures, spanning, app groups, and more
Microsoft's Surface Duo is coming soon, and the company has been working hard on finalizing the version of Android that will be shipping on Surface Duo later this year. Microsoft has released several emulator builds over the last few months, with each one progressing with new changes, bug fixes, and overall polish. Let's go hands-on with the latest build!
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.