Days after it first rolled out to Windows Insiders on the SLow ring, the ISO files for Windows 10 preview build 17127 are now available to download. If you're a Windows Insider, you can download and use the build 17127 files from Microsoft to perform a clean install.
Build 17127 includes a few Cortana-related improvements, as well as several general changes and bug fixes. In particular build 17127 introduced a new profile page for Cortana, along with tips for Cortna's default skills and more. Here's a recap of what's new in this build:
A new profile page! We're introducing a new server-powered profile page in Cortana for you to add and edit your favorite places. The places you add are used to give you traffic updates for your daily commute, and let you easily set reminders when you arrive or leave your places. To get to this page, head to the Notebook section of Cortana and click the button to the right of your name. This is available for all Cortana markets*.
Cortana's new Notebook goes international with improved performance: We've received some great feedback about our updated Notebook design announced with Build 17063, and are happy to share that this new design is now available for all markets* and languages where Cortana is supported. In addition several performance improvements have been deployed that should make Notebook load faster. Note, some experiences may vary depending on the market you are in.
Learn to use a Skill in Notebook: Default Skills in Cortana's Notebook (like Weather, Sports, and News) now come with a set of tips for questions you can ask Cortana to get you started – either click the suggestion, type it out yourself, or just talk to Cortana and she'll pull up the information you requested.
Windows Mixed Reality
- We fixed the issue where the inbox apps would fail to load inside of Windows Mixed Reality.
- We're still investigating some rare instances where newly placed holograms appear empty and the shell may restart when switching between places."We saved this conversation. You'll see it soon in the Conversations tab in Skype for Business and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where if you had your phone linked to your PC prior to upgrading, you'll find it has become unlinked after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge crashing when turning off certain extensions.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would crash when using scan mode to read dialogs in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the page up and page down keys not working when using Microsoft Edge in Reading View.
- We fixed an issue resulting in focus being lost after using WIN+A to close the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue where if you switched your formatting to Japanese without having the Japanese language in your language list, newly installed apps wouldn't appear in Start.
If you're an Insider, you can pick up the build 17127 ISO files at the Windows Insider website now. Build 17133, which just hit the Fast ring and is expected to be the RTM build, will presumably make its way to the Slow ring before too long and, eventually, be released as an ISO as well.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Galaxy Buds Live earbuds review: Are these pricey Bluetooth beans worth it?
What if headphones, were beans? That's what Samsung asked itself, and then ultimately answered with the Galaxy Buds Live. But are these pricey earbuds worth it? Or do they not even amount to a hill of beans. Beans beans beans beans.
Review: Until you Fall will punish you, but it's worth it
Until You Fall is a VR roguelite that'll challenge your skills with a blade, your wits, and your arm muscles. It's now available on the Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest 2, PlayStation VR (PSVR), and PC VR platforms including SteamVR and Oculus Rift.
Lenovo's latest ThinkBook 15 lets you store your earbuds in the laptop
Lenovo announced the ThinkBook 15 Gen 2 alongside several other devices today. In addition to its sleek design and nice internals, the ThinkBook 15 Gen 2 has a bay built in that lets you store your earbuds right inside the laptop.
The NFL is back! Check out these must-have Windows apps for football fans
After months of waiting through a unique offseason and no preseason games, the NFL is finally back this week. With these Windows 10 apps, you won't miss a snap of the NFL action.