Microsoft is rolling out an update for its Groove Music apps for Android and iOS. It's the first such update for both of the streaming music apps since September 2015.
Microsoft outlined what will be included in the updates:
- Significant improvements to product and playback reliability.
- An Explore view to learn about the most popular songs and new releases from top artists.
- Faster download of albums and songs so you can play them offline. The app still needs to be in the foreground to download music, background download coming in a future update.
- Screen resolution improvements to support today's larger screen mobile phones.
- New sorting options when viewing your collection of music.
- Much faster sign-in to the app using your Microsoft account.
Microsoft says it plans to update the Android and iOS Groove Music apps more frequently in the future.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.