What you need to know
- Minecraft gets regular updates to add new features, fix issues, and improve the game overall.
- A new beta update releasing today includes a handful of fixes, and remains on the Nether Update branch.
- The new Caves and Cliffs Update isn't being seeded to insiders yet, and this is a minor update with some bug fixes.
Minecraft may have taken over the internet with their exciting Minecraft Live event for a while, but we're back to business as usual with another new beta update rolling out to insiders of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. Beta 126.96.36.199 follows the previous beta that included a ton of changes with a tiny handful of fixes. This is all leading up to one last big patch that will release to the public as part of the Nether Update before Mojang Studios begins showing us their work on the next major update for Minecraft: the Caves and Cliffs Update.
You can wait for these changes and all the prior changes made in recent betas to come to the public, or you can enroll in the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta yourself and be among the first to test out and give feedback on this update and future updates.
The changelog for beta 188.8.131.52 includes:
Performance & stability
- Fixed a crash on that could occur when Player 1 in a split-screen session disconnects their controller
- When the
/clonecommand replaces a double chest with another double chest, it now sets their pairing correctly upon load. This way it doesn't cause errors before it ticks to match up the pair
- Touchscreen input "Chat and Commands" UI element now has a darker border
- "Tip" messages no longer appear off screen
- Added the ability to animate the placement of a structure with the
- Changed vignette layer from 4 to 5 to prevent drawing vignette in between hotbar items
- Fixed updating of bounding box to happen after proper scale has been set
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.