The latest episode of our Xbox and Microsoft podcast, the #OneCast, is now available and accessible through major podcast distribution services. On this week's episode, we discuss what Build 2016 has in store for Windows users, gamers, and what changes the Xbox One could see going forward. The rest of the episode is jam-packed with a range of topics, including HoloLens, our final Hitman impressions and the Universal Windows Platform.
This week's episode is available from the following sources:
If you're using a podcast app, copy and paste the RSS feed URL into the search bar, or search for 'OneCast Windows'.
OneCast is our Xbox and Microsoft podcast, hosted by the staff of Windows Central. A new episode of the OneCast is recorded each week, with topics surrounding Microsoft news and the gaming industry.
This week's discussions
- 00:00:00 - Hitman episodic woes
- 00:12:00 - Quantum Break, the road to review
- 00:33:15 - Lumia and Surface marketing (in Quantum Break and beyond)
- 00:46:45 - Final preview on Quantum Break and April's Games with Gold
- 00:52:40 - Build 2016 discussion ('Ask #OneCast' winner: Mats Persson!)
- 01:03:15 - Universal Windows Platform for Xbox One speculation
- 01:21:45 - HoloLens TED talk
- 01:28:20 - New Windows 10 features?
- 01:33:30 - Crazy Predictions
- 01:38:00 - Weekly 'Ask #OneCast' contest!
This week's hosts
Ask OneCast giveaways!
Every week we'll be discussing an Xbox or Microsoft-related question from the audience, so make sure to submit them via our Twitter accounts (@mattjbrown and @JezCorden) using the #OneCast hashtag, via email, or in the comments below. If we select your question, this week, you'll win an Xbox One or Windows game of your own choosing!
Further reading on this week's topics
- Preview: Hands-on with Quantum Break's time-bending first act (Xbox One)
- How Microsoft showcases Lumia and Surface in Quantum Break
- Microsoft Build 2016 – What to expect and what you need to know
- Sunset Overdrive and Dead Space are among April's free Xbox Games With Gold
- Hitman review: Does an episodic structure hurt the franchise?
- Microsoft's recent TED Talk on the HoloLens has some incredible new demos
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
RLCraft turns Minecraft into a brutal survival game — and I'm addicted
Minecraft's Java Edition is home to many amazing mods and modpacks. RLCraft, a modpack organized by YouTuber Shivaxi, completely overhauls vanilla Minecraft and turns it into a brutally difficult, yet incredibly deep and nuanced survival experience.
Here are some new games you might see at the July 23rd Xbox Games Showcase
Fans have all eyes on Microsoft and their upcoming July 23rd Xbox Games Showcase event. Here are some of the major reveals we're expecting to see at the event.
Dell XPS 17 (9700) first impressions: Simply magnificent
The new XPS 17 (9700) review unit arrived, and we have some early thoughts (spoiler: we think it's incredible). Here are some photos of Dell's new flagship and how it compares to the Surface Book 3.
Best Xbox Game Pass games you haven't played yet
Have an Xbox Game Pass subscription on Xbox One or PC? These are the must-play games you might've missed so far.