Now that the cat's out of the bag, Verizon Wireless has officially announced that the Samsung Omnia II (aka the SCH-i920, for those of you into that sort of thing), will be available Dec. 2 for $199.99 after rebate and contract. But you already knew that. And in case you forgot, that $200 gets you a 3.7-inch AMOLED touchscreen, an 800MHz processor, Sammy's TouchWiz UI on top of Windows Mobile 6.5, a 5MP camera, and all the other usual bells and whistles. Full presser after the break. [via Verizon (opens in new tab)]
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and DALLAS — Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the availability of the Samsung Omnia® II™, a full-touch all-in-one smartphone powered by Windows Mobile® 6.5 to keep customers connected to their corporate and personal e-mail accounts and synchronized with their schedules and contacts.
Available Colors: Black with red accents on the battery cover
- 3.7-inch ultra-brilliant touch screen
- Widescreen WVGA AMOLED (Wide Video Graphics Array Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode) responsive touch screen results in one of the brightest and clearest displays on a mobile phone in the United States
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype technology allows customers to input text faster and easier with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard
- Features Windows Mobile 6.5, which keeps customers connected with corporate and personal e-mail and synchronization of schedules and contacts
- Microsoft Office Mobile® enhances productivity with the ability to manage Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® documents
- Enhanced 3D cube user interface
- Full HTML Web browsing capabilities with Opera 9.5 enhanced browser
- One-touch access to social networking sites via shortcut widgets
- Supports Verizon Wireless services, including V CAST Music with Rhapsody, V CAST Video on Demand, V CAST Song ID, Visual Voice Mail, VZW Tones, VZ Navigator(SM), Mobile IM and Mobile Email
- Full messaging suite, including SMS, MMS, Mobile IM, Mobile Email and Corporate Email
- Access to social networking applications, including YouTube™, Facebook® and MySpace, with Samsung’s unique TouchWiz™ 2.0 user interface
- 5.0 megapixel camera with flash and auto-focus and camcorder and decoder with DNSe technology and on-device editing capabilities
- Wi-Fi technology (802.11 b/g)
- Support for Divx and Xvid movie files
- 8 GB internal memory and expandable memory of up to 16 GB with microSD™ memory card (card sold separately)
- Bluetooth® profiles supported: headset (mono and stereo), hands-free (car kits), object push for vCard, basic imaging, phonebook access profiles. Also supports serial port, dial-up networking, object push for vCalendar, file transfer, basic printing and human interface device profiles
Pricing and availability:
- The Samsung Omnia II will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com (opens in new tab) and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Dec. 2 for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com (opens in new tab).
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!
yeah - and do you think we'll see any tv promo for this and mentioning windows? not.
Herve Leger womens fashions at ShopStyle. Shop popular stores to find Herve Leger womens fashions on sale - all in one place. Create and share looks based
Cheap Herve Leger
Jewelry,Necklaces,Jewelry Necklaces,Links of London Necklaces,online sales a variety of world famous such as Links of London etc,with competitive price.
Links of London , the leading British contemporary jeweller was founded in 1990 by jewellery designer Annoushka Ducas and her husband John Ayton.cheap Links of London jewelry at online linksgif UK store, including Links of London Necklaces, Links of London Charms, Links of London Earrings. Links of London Silver Sweetie Bracelet Medium
Links of London Charm
Links of London
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.