What you need to know
- New cumulative updates are available for Windows 10 1909 and 1903.
- There are several fixes relating to Modern Standby, Windows Mixed Reality, and more.
- These updates are optional.
Microsoft shipped out a new set of cumulative updates for Windows 10 versions 1909 and 1903 today. These updates are entirely optional, but they include several fixes and improvements. Most notably, there are tweaks to fix aspects of Modern Standby, along with Windows Mixed Reality and more.
The list of fixes for each version is exactly the same. The only difference is you'll be moved to OS build 18362.693 for 1903 and 18363.693 for 1909. Here's a look at the highlights of these updates:
- Updates an issue that prevents the speech platform application from opening for several minutes in a high noise environment.
- Updates an issue that reduces the image quality in the Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) home environment.
- Updates an issue that might prevent ActiveX content from loading.
- Improves the battery performance during Modern Standby mode.
- Updates an issue that causes Microsoft Narrator to stop working when a user session is longer than 30 minutes.
- Addresses an issue that adds an unwanted keyboard layout as the default after an upgrade even if you have already removed it.
- Updates an issue that prevents the Windows Search box from rendering properly.
- Updates an issue that prevents the printer settings user interface from displaying properly.
- Updates an issue that prevents some applications from printing to network printers.
If your PC is running either the May 2019 Update or November 2019 Update, you should be able to grab these optional cumulative updates via Windows Update now. For more, you can check out Microsoft's full release notes.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.