Welcome to Windows Phone! This is our guide to help you decide whether or not Windows Phone is right for you and to get you started on the platform. Do you have a spare handful of minutes? Good, let's get started.
- Welcome to the world of Windows Phone
- Choosing the right Windows Phone for you
- Setting up your new Windows Phone
- Connecting your Microsoft Account
- Microsoft apps and services
- Find your favourite apps from iOS and Android
- The Windows Phone Store
- Top free apps to install immediately
- Silence your Windows Phone
- Useful TellMe commands and voice apps
- Synchronising your Windows Phone
- Configuring Kid's Corner
- Backing up and restoring your device
- Upgrading your Windows Phone
- Reseting your Windows Phone
- The People Hub
- Microsoft Office Hub
- Xbox Music + Videos Hub
- The Pictures hub
- Xbox Live Games Hub
- Importing contacts and calendars
- Protecting your Wallet on Windows Phone
- Adding emoticons to contacts
- Conserve battery life through app management
- Exchange Bing Rewards for store credits
- Setting up Xbox Music playlists
- Group contacts and ease your social life
- Make the most of your Windows Phone camera
- SkyDrive tips and tricks
- Emoticons in Windows Phone
- Migrating from the iPhone
- Migrating from Android
Rich Edmonds is Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him over on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.