- Stream with the Official WPCentral App
- Download it directly with this link
- Watch the HD video after the page break
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
We're back for another exciting week in Windows Phone news. Jay and Daniel take on the headlines and your questions, including some Windows Phone 8 discussion.
Head past the break for the show notes and HD video. (Our apologies on the video as it's fairly laggy--you can do what we do and blame Canada)...
Windows Phone Central podcast, episode 145 for July 19th, 2012.
The big stories
- Analysis - Nokia progressing through challenging transition with Windows Phone
- Nokia’s price drop of the Lumia 900 was not a sign of weak sales, the media has it wrong
- Nokia shuts down main store in Helsinki for September re-launch—something big planned
- Rumor: Windows Phone 8 to have native screenshot capability
- Does Windows Phone 8 have USB mass storage support? Of course it does.
- AT and T Lumia 900 now offered for $49.99 with pink version now availabletoo
- Windows Phone Official SkyDrive 2.2 Update Rolls out
- Get instant messaging with Nimbuzz for Windows Phone, now available to download in the Marketplace
- Windows Phone Central App Roundup: 2012 Summer Olympics
- New Windows Phone Homebrew app Keeps Wi-Fi Alive --> -->
- GateGuru lands at the Windows PhoneMarketplace
- Microsoft Office 2013 Customer Preview now available to download
- Microsoft officially announces Windows 8 launch date - October 26th
- Lode Runner Classic shows up for Xbox LIVE on Windows Phone too --> -->
- Xbox Live - Contract Killer now accepting jobs on the Marketplace
- Gun Bros locking and loading to become this week's Xbox Live release on Windows Phone
- First look at Mirrors Edge for Nokia Lumia Windows Phones --> -->
- Comments from last time
- Live questions and comments
This has been a Mobile Nations podcast, go to Mobilenations.com for more great shows covering everything mobile, or head over to the WPCentral Forums if you'd like to get involved with our community in discussing more about Windows Phone news, devices and apps.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Xbox Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
Microsoft-TikTok deal is a 'poison chalice,' says Bill Gates
In a new interview, former Microsoft CEO Bill Gates called a potential deal to acquire TikTok a "poison chalice," referencing the fraight nature of TikTok's forced sale in the U.S.
Should your next computer be a mini PC? These are your best options.
Windows PCs come in all shapes and sizes, and whatever your needs there's a computer out there to suit you. Here are the best to choose from if you're looking for a new mini PC.