Malatesta and Phil are joined by special guest Matt Miller of Nokia Experts (and a longtime Windows Mobile user) to talk about the Smartphone Round Robin, the great SMS Fail of 2016, Windows Mobile 7 and where we all think the platform is going in the next year.
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Smartphone Round Robin
Matt Miller from Nokia Experts (and ZDNet) joins us this week to talk some about Nokia and whis experience with Windows Mobile.
- Windows Phone review – Smartphone Round Robin
- Nokia review from Windows Mobile - Smartphone Round Robin
Top o' the news
- Year 2016 bug plaguing text messages? Update: Workaround found!
- HTC Russia says HD2 is getting Windows Mobile 7 (and then changes its mind)
- Hints of WM7 in Sense 2.5 (1922); HTC is still going to cover up Microsoft?
- Review: LG eXpo
- Tip: Speed up the auto-focus on the Imagio camera
- Verizon Ozone unofficially gets official Windows Mobile 6.5
- Epix to get WM6.5 in February; upgrade list gets updated
- New Infinity UI is a work in progress, but one that has possibilities
- HD2 Compass Mod: Use it in all GPS programs
- Manila 2.5 officially supports landscape; Showing up in cooked ROMs
- Add some color to those Manila 2.5 clouds
- MSDN Outs Windows Mobile 6.5.3
- Microsoft talked about WM7 on video and we all missed it
- New job posting shows Xbox Live playing nice with Windows Mobile
Thanks to David, Dave, Dan and Matthew for the e-mails, and @JeremyOdor for the tweet. Drop us a line. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us at (866) 904-5882 ext. 222. Hit us up on Twitter - @wmexperts, Deiter, Phil, Malatesta, George, Tim and Matt Miller (@palmsolo).
Thanks to the WMExperts Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!