- Stream with the Official WPCentral App
- Download it directly with this link
- Watch the HD video after the page break
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
We're back for another exciting chat on all things Windows Phone. This week we catch up with Rafael, Jay and myself for the last two-weeks of exciting Windows Phone news including a Verizon Nokia phone, Sprint going on hiatus, what September 5th will bring and the disappointing Sally's Spa. Tune in as we agree and disagree plus take your questions.
HD video and show notes after the break...
Windows Phone Central podcast, episode 147 for Wendesday, August 22nd, 2012
The big stories
- Report: Verizon will have a new Nokia Windows Phone 8 device later this year
- AT&T and Nokia begin rolling out Lumia 900 OS update for Tango
- Sprint says goodbye to the HTC Arrive with no new Windows Phone in sight
- Nokia teases PureView for Windows Phone but what would it look like?
- Plummeting marketshare for RIM makes Windows Phone look slightly better in the US
- Nokia Windows Phone 8 - Images of another new screen bezel leak out
- Nokia and Microsoft holding joint press event in NYC on September 5th
- HTC to book loss of $40 million US withOnLive
- Fhotoroom updated, major layout overhaul and new features added
- Windows Phone App Review: Metro.am
- Windows Phone Central App Roundup: 2012 Summer Olympics
- Markets and Me + now available to download for Windows Phone
- Windows Phone App Review: Memento
- Xbox Live - Little Acorns is now gathering nuts on the Marketplace, Deal of the Week looks MIA though
- Xbox Live's Shoot 1UP blasts its way to the Marketplace
- Our favorite pinball wizard Dr. Pickaxe returns to the Windows PhoneMarketplace
- Windows Phone Xbox Live Achievement syncing issues coming to a close today
- WPCentral gets interviewed by AdDuplex on techblogging and Windows Phone developers
- Location, Windows Phone 8 and Nokia’s plan to be the ultimate “where” platform
- Comments from last time
- Live questions and comments
This has been a Mobile Nations podcast, go to Mobilenations.com for more great shows covering everything mobile, or head over to the WPCentral Forums if you'd like to get involved with our community in discussing more about Windows Phone news, devices and apps.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.