What you need to know
- The Castlevania franchise is one of the most legendary in existence, helping spawn a new genre of video games.
- Today, Xbox players got a surprise release with the arrival of the Castlevania Advance Collection.
- The collection includes four classic Castlevania games, releasing for the very first time on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
- The games also include modern enhancements like an artwork gallery, music player, quick save, Xbox Achievements, and more.
Today, Xbox players are in for a surprise treat as Konami has suddenly dropped the new Castlevania Advance Collection. This new set includes four classic games from the legendary Castlevania series, all of which are releasing on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox One for the very first time. Complete with a release trailer, modern features and enhancements, and a tantalizing price tag, Xbox players can play these Castlevania games for the first time, or revisit old favorites, right now.
The Castlevania Advance Collection features four titles, including:
- Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
- Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
- Castlevania: Dracula X
Besides simply bringing these beloved classics to Xbox consoles for the first time, Konami also includes some modern enhancements and features, as well as perks for anyone who picks the collection up. Some of the highlights include:
- Support for up to 4K resolution
- Support for cloud saves and Xbox Achievements
- Ways to play the American, European, and Japanese versions of each title
- Addition of modern features like quick saving and a rewind function
- An art gallery featuring never-before-seen artwork
- A music player that lets you listen to every track from the original soundtracks
Castlevania Advance Collection is available now for Xbox consoles, and could very well already be among the best Xbox games for fans of the franchise.
New to Xbox
Castlevania Advance Collection
Kill the beasts
Explore four Castlevania classics on Xbox for the first time, complete with a host of modern enhancements and new features.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
This is easily the best collection of games you could ever put into a compilation, the GBA Castlevania are easily done of the best and it also includes arguably the best Castlevania ever (imo), in Dracula X.
So freaking true. Truer words have never been spoken.
Beat Dracula X and Circle of the Moon so far. Some the handheld Castlevania titles are just exceptional. I don’t even care that I have new games sitting in the backlog. The chance to revisit these amazing games… count me in. They need another collection with the DS titles, Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night and I’ll be all set!
Was the Black Tiger video game a clone of these games? Very similar looking.
Dracula x Turbo duo edition was by far the best of castlevania.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.