XCOM 2: War of the Chosen expansion coming on August 29
XCOM 2 fans are in for a treat with a new expansion pack announced at E3 2017, called War of the Chosen. Set to arrive on August 29, War of the Chosen includes a ton of new content that expands upon the base game's campaign.
The basis of the expansion's story is that ADVENT has sent a new force known as the Chosen to take on XCOM. During the expansion's reveal at the PC Gaming Show, the Chosen were described as the perfect counter to XCOM.Thankfully, you'll have three new resistance factions — Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars — and Hero classes with which to take them on.
Here's a quick look at some of the new bits you can expect in War of the Chosen:
- New Factions & Hero Classes: Three additional factions – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class;
- The Chosen: A deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM's soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM's global operations;
- New Alien and Advent Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, and the psionically charged ADVENT Priest;
- New Environments and Mission Objectives: Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions;
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger;
- Greater Customization & Replayability: Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge;
- Challenge Mode: New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
War of the Chosen lands on August 29 for Xbox One, PC and PS4. If you have yet to give the popular strategy game a shot, you can pick it up for $43 on Amazon now to get a head start.
See at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.
Now thats what i call an expansion!
Perhaps, but it's not giving me the kick of the original series...