As predicted, a new firmware update is now rolling out for owners of the AT&T version of the Lumia 950. The update includes the "Double tap to wake" feature that was released earlier this month via the Windows Device Recovery Tool.
This update also comes with a fix for recurring Wi-Fi disconnections. among other fixes and improvements. Here is the full changelog posted by Microsoft:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
To see if your AT&T Lumia 950 is getting this update, go to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates. If eligible you will see MICROSOFTMDG update.
Thanks to George, Donald and "SkullyHB" for the tips!