DreamWorks Animation has a new film coming out later this summer called Turbo. It’s an animated film about a little garden snail who dreams of becoming the fastest thing around. We’ve attached a trailer below if you’re interested. Anyway, there’s a companion game out now for Windows Phone 8! Let’s check it out.
Turbo Racing League is a fun little game. Sure it’s mostly promotional fodder for an upcoming film, but it didn’t leave a bad first impression. Here are the features you can look forward to when playing with it:
- 9 Unique Race Tracks to Test Your Skills
- Special Race Events: Time Trials, Limited Fuel, Slalom and Rival Races
- Thousands of Performance & Design Combinations: Shell Upgrades, New Paint Jobs and Neon Glows
- Ability to record your greatest race moments, watch on instant replay and share with your friends
- Optional Facebook and Twitter posting to show off your pimped-out Shell and best scores
- Leaderboards show how you rank amongst your friends and all the top players!
- Qualify for the $1,000,000 Shell-Out Contest* by completing Daily Goals or using In-Game Tomato Currency
What’s that? You can win real cash by playing this game? Yup. There’s $1 million up for grabs during the promotion period with this game. For 8 weeks, the 10 fastest racers will earn cash prizes from a $500,000 pool. The top player from each week will earn the chance to go to Los Angeles to compete for another $500,000 in cash prizes in a live racing event. Full details for the contest can be found right here.
The game is free and only available on Windows Phone 8 devices. We’ll have a full review out over the weekend, but in the meantime grab it here to play or use the QR codes below.
Thanks for the tip JD!