Let's get out and shoot more. I thought it would be fun if we had a weekly photo contest here on the site. How about every Wednesday we'll pick a theme, and you have until next Tuesday to go out and use your Windows Phone to capture the image. Our first theme? Let's do sunrise.
I thought capturing a sunrise would be a nice way to start. This is after all the dawn of a new weekly series. Get it? Dawn? Sunrise?
We'll tweak the format as we go forward, but for now it's pretty simple. Take a photo of sunrise. You don't have to point your Windows Phone directly at the rising sun. You can if you want, but feel free to get creative with the theme 'sunrise. Maybe it's the light falling onto your coffee first thing in the morning. Maybe it's the reflection of dew on a blade of grass. Maybe you actually do point your camera at the sun. Doesn't matter as long as it feels like 'sunrise.'
- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread.
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art.
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be.
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner.
- Only one entry per week per person.
This week we'll pick two winners who will receive a $25 gift card for their Microsoft account. Apply that cash to your Microsoft account, and you can use it towards an app or game in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox store.
We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (August 5) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in the blog post for the contest next week.