What you need to know
- AMD's Radeon drivers have been updated to support the Gears 5 beta.
- Gears 5 has a tech demo that starts on July 19, 2019.
- The update also comes with several fixes.
AMD's Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition has been updated to version 19.7.2. The update brings support for the Gears 5 beta just in time for the game's public tech test. You can grab the update at AMD's website.
In addition to adding support for the Gears 5 beta, the update brings several fixes to the following issues:
- Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
- Textures in Star Wars® Battlefront II may appear pixelated or blurry when using DirectX®11 API.
- With Radeon Image Sharpening enabled, Radeon Overlay may flicker in DirectX®9 applications or games.
- Valve Index headset may experience flicker for approximately 30 seconds when launching SteamVR on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics.
- Auto Tuning controls in Radeon WattMan may fail to apply to per game profiles when global Radeon WattMan changes are made.
- Some enemies may experience yellow texture/color corruption in DOOM™.
- Auto Tuning features in Radeon WattMan may show max values instead of increased values when the Auto Tuning results screen is shown.
- Radeon WattMan memory clock gauge may fail to update when memory clock changes have been made.
- AMD Display Drivers may fail to uninstall when using express uninstall on Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
The public tech test for Gears 5 begins on July 19. There's also a second testing period on July 26. The test will allow players to try Arcade, Escalation, King of the Hill, Bootcamp, and Tour of Duty. To participate in the tech test you need to either have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Game Pass for PC or preorder the game through the Microsoft Store or participating retailers. You can read more about the tech test, including minimum PC requirements and how to sign up in our Gears 5 tech test guide.
Save the planet
Explore Sera. Skim across glaciers, sail over deserts and descend into sunken ruins to discover the largest and most diverse Gears world ever created.
Portable (and affordable) power accessories we love
Each and every one of these charging gadgets will keep your favorite gear and gadgets going for longer, and none of them costs more than $30.
VisionTek 8,000 mAh micro-USB power bank ($13 at Dell)
This compact dual-output powerbank can speedily recharge any and all your devices, thanks to a two-amp "fast charge feature," using its micro-USB out port. Its simple design includes an LED indicator, and it costs about as much as a single ticket to the movies.
Panasonic eneloop AA batteries (From $13 at Dell)
Panasonic's rechargeable batteries are among the best available, and just a couple of them will keep your favorite remote, mice or other peripherals powered up when you need them. They're also eco. And the company's affordable charger fits and charges both AA and AAA batteries at the same time.
Belkin Qi Wireless Charging Pad ($30 at Dell)
This unobtrusive Qi wireless charging pad looks good (and kind of like a UFO …) and easily charges all your Qi-compatible device up to 5W. Its LED indicator lights up when you're charging. And it costs just $30.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
See the Microsoft Surface Duo’s dual-screen Android OS in action
A new video with a render shows the Surface Duo's Android OS in action on dual screens. The footage comes from the new Surface Duo SDK, which looks great even at this early stage.
You can now download the Surface Duo preview SDK from Microsoft
Microsoft released the first set of dual-screen preview SDKs today. One of the SDKs is for the Surface Duo, which allows developers to work on optimizing content for the Surface Duo.
Office 365 ProPlus users will have a Bing search extension forced on them
Office 365 ProPlus users will see Bing become the default search engine within Chrome soon, and people are not happy about it. People on Reddit and Github expressed their frustrations with the move, calling it browser hijacking.
Supercharge your Ryzen 5 2600 CPU with these RAM kits
Looking to match super-speed RAM with your new AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor? Here are a few choices for you to consider.