What you need to know
- CD Projekt Red released the 1.05 hotfix Friday night for Xbox and PlayStation consoles.
- The update fixes various issues, including some quest-specific bugs, issues with performance, and even NPC reaction time.
- The hotfix will be deployed with PC-specific fixes at a later date.
After a crazy first week for Cyberpunk 2077, developer CD Projekt Red released hotfix 1.05 Friday night, which is set to bring various fixes to both PC and consoles. It's now available for Xbox and PlayStation, and will be available for PCs at a later date.
Some highlights include a number of mission-specific questions, including moments when Delamain appeared upside down and issues with receiving calls from certain NPCs — whether you received too many of them or not enough. The big change for console players regards visual improvements when Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain are on. For PC players, there are optimizations for certain AMD Ryzen users and the removal of a file that was left over from development.
This is the second update that's rolled out for Cyberpunk 2077 post-launch (not including the Day One patch). The previous one, hotfix 1.04, which also sought to fix a number of random issues across the board, including working to modify flashing lights in the game to reduce the risk of epileptic seizures in players.
There are plenty of fixes in the works for the game, including two major updates planned for January and February. The company admitted that the Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game weren't ready and also announced this week that it would be offering refunds for the game, including physical editions.
- Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
- Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
- It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
- Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
- Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
- Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
- Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
- Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
- The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
- Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
- Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
- Brick's detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
- Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
- Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
- Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
- Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
- Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
- Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
- Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
- Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
- Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
- Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
- Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
- Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
- Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
- Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.
- Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
- Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.
- Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
- V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
- Fixed some UI overlap issues.
- V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
- NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
- Added some warmth to HDR.
- Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
- Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
- Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.
- Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
- The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
- Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.
Performance & Stability
- Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.
- Offscreen explosions make noise now.
- [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
- Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
- Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
- Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
- Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
- Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
- Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.
- Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
- Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
- Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
- Corrected the look of several vehicles.
- [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
- [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
- Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
- Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.
A dark and gritty world
The standard for next-gen.
Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest project from CD Projekt Red, the developers behind the Witcher 3. To follow up the game that defined a generation of gaming, Cyberpunk 2077 needed to be huge, ambitious, and captivating.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.