What you need to know
- Dropbox today added several new partner integrations.
- 13 new extensions are available from Microsoft Teams, Outlook, and many more services.
- The new extensions are available today on all Dropbox plans.
Dropbox expanded its partnerships today with a raft of new extensions that should come in handy for anyone who finds themselves frequently switching between tons of apps to get work done. In all, 13 new extensions are available today, including tie-ins with Microsoft apps like Teams and Outlook.
Here's a full look at all of the extensions added today.
- Add files to messages. Easily send work to Gmail, Workplace by Facebook, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, WhatsApp, and Line Works.
- Capture feedback and distribute videos. Use Vimeo to streamline your feedback workflow and distribute videos.
- Edit and publish videos. Use Clipchamp or WeVideo to edit, create, and publish videos.
- Create designs. Bring media files into Canva to design and create anything, and save finished work back to Dropbox.
- Submit expenses. Simplify expense tracking by sending scanned receipts directly to Freshbooks.
- Manage document workflows. Track file interactions with DocSend, and sign and notarize documents with Notarize.
Dropbox Extensions were launched last year as a way to cut down on the amount of app switching you need to do when working within Dropbox. They work much like the right-click menu in Windows, allowing you to open files in web-based apps directly from Dropbox on a whim. Once you've finished working, your changes are automatically synced back to Dropbox.
Dropbox says that these new extensions are available across all Dropbox plans starting today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
Microsoft's ambitious climate plan aims to go carbon negative by 2030
Microsoft outlined an ambitious climate plan to go carbon negative in all of its operations by 2030. Further, the company plans to eliminate its entire historical carbon footprint by 2050 and has set up a $1 billion climate innovation fund.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.