Paradox Interactive is the publisher behind incredible games like Crusader Kings 3, Cities: Skylines, and Stellaris, many of which are even available through Xbox Game Pass on Xbox and PC. Today, Paradox held its (usually) yearly PDX Con event, which was all-digital this time around, to announce all the biggest things coming from in the future. To make sure you don't miss a thing, we've rounded up everything announced at PDX Con 2021 for your convenience.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. Many great Paradox Interactive games like Empire of Sin and Crusader Kings 3 are available through Xbox Game Pass.
All the biggest announcements at PDX Con 2021
While there were many announcements and updates at PDX Con 2021, four in particular stood above the rest. Here are the biggest announcements at PDX Con 2021 you should definitely keep an eye on.
Victoria 3 — Coming to PC and Xbox Game Pass for PC
The biggest announcement at PDX Con 2021 was undoubtedly the reveal of Victoria 3, which marks the return of the long-dormant Victoria grand strategy series after over a decade-long hiatus. If you're a fan of grand strategy games, Victoria 3 is absolutely one to keep an eye on.
If you want to know more about Victoria 3, check out our Victoria 3 announcement post. Here's a quick breakdown of what you need to know about Victoria 3.
- It's an In-depth society simulator with over 100 societies to choose from.
- Accurate industrial era world with detailed population individuals, groups, and interest groups.
- There are layers of politics, science and tech, and economics to unravel.
- There's a focus on diplomacy and negotiation over war and aggression.
- Multiple ways to play from economic micromanaging to political manipulation.
- You can choose between different society sizes with minor, major, and great powers.
Victoria 3 doesn't have a release date yet, but it looks like it could be an incredibly exciting addition to the growing grand strategy genre. Players who are more than happy to sink hours into a single game should keep their eyes on Victoria 3, which is coming from Paradox Interactive at some point in the future. Victoria 3 will be PC-only, but it will be available through Xbox Game Pass for PC. You can see more images of Victoria 3 below.
Empire of Sin — "Make It Count" expansion
Empire of Sin already made headlines recently by announcing its first major free content expansion, The Precinct. Still, Paradox made it clear Empire of Sin isn't done impressing by announcing its very premium paid expansion at PDX Con 2021, called Make It Count.
Here's what you need to know about Empire of Sin: Make It Count.
- Adds a new boss with Murder, Inc. founder Meyer Lansky.
- Adds a new profession called The Fixer, which specializes in conflict mediation, area control, streamlined economics, and loan sharking.
- Has a new racket with loan sharks, which grants passive income out of existing storefronts, requires a Fixer, and adds a new layer of risk and reward.
- New maps, missions, and much more additional content.
Empire of Sin: Make It Count currently will arrive alongside the free "The Precint" update sometime in 2021, and it should be included with the Empire of Sin Expansion Pass, which you can get in the game's Premium Edition. If you want to see more of the Make It Count premium DLC, you can check out some additional images below. Empire of Sin is available through Xbox Game Pass on PC, console, and Xbox Cloud Gaming.
Conquer 1920's Chicago in style.
Empire of Sin is a riveting gangster strategy simulator from Romero Games and Paradox Interactive. It's already enjoyed generous post-launch support, but the game is only getting started with the announcement of its first major premium content expansion, Make It Count, coming at some point in the future.
Crusader Kings III — "The Royal Court" expansion
Next up we have Crusader Kings 3, an already excellent grand strategy game that is getting its next paid expansion with The Royal Court. This should definitely be an exciting addition for Crusader Kings 3 players, as a ton of sweet new content is included.
- Adds The Royal Court, a new player hub where successes and achievements can be seen.
- Build up the grandeur of your Royal Court by spending money, holding court, receiving gifts, and more.
- Collect items and artifacts that have age, histories, and can even decay over time.
- Fill new court positions like the antiquarian, tutors, and food tasters.
- Huge changes to culture and ethos, including hybrid cultures and cultural divergence.
- Huge updates to traditions, which can provide niche effects to cultures and are more separated from religion.
Crusader Kings 3: The Royal Court doesn't have a release date yet, but it should be included in the Crusader Kings 3 Expansion Pass, which you can purchase in its Royal Edition. If you want to see more of The Royal Court paid DLC, you can see more images below. Crusader Kings 3 is available through Xbox Game Pass for PC.