It's a natural fit for February's Windows Phone Photo Challenge theme to be "love". With Valentine's Day right around the corner you are challenged to submit a photo that captures the emotion of love.
For those not familiar, Microsoft sponsors a "bragging rights" photo contest each month with a particular theme. Just snap a photo with your Windows Phone based on the theme and if you win Microsoft will share the photo on their Windows Phone Blog, in their newsletter, and share it on their Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest pages.
Here's how to enter.
- To enter, please e-mail your entry to https://www.windowscentral.com/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fclick.linksynergy.com%2Fdeeplink%3Fid%3DkXQk6%252AivFEQ%26mid%3D24542%26u1%3DUUwpUdUnU14690%26murl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.microsoft.com%252Fen-us%252F&token=gOyVTcAw
- In the subject line of your e-mail, please write “CHALLENGE: LOVE”
- The photo you send must have been taken with (and edited, if you prefer to edit) on a Windows Phone. Please attach the original JPEG file to your e-mail, with metadata included. If the photo has been edited, please let us know which apps/settings you used.
- Please name your image file using your first and last name, followed by the theme of the contest (this month it’s “Love”). So, for instance, my e-mail would include a photograph named DavidChenLove.JPG or DavidChenLove.JPG.
- Please use the highest resolution possible when sending your photos. One entry per person, please.
- This challenge runs from now until 11:59 p.m. PDT on Friday, February 8th, 2013.
- After the contest deadline, we will look over all of your entries and choose our favorites.
- Entries will be judged on their creativity, resourcefulness, aesthetic beauty, and just the overall impression your photo makes on us.
- Winning entries may be posted on the blog, in our newsletter, as well as shared on our Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest pages about two weeks after the contest has ended.
You can find the full rules here and for those who take the plunge, good luck!
Source: Windows Phone Blog
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
George is the Reviews Editor at Windows Central, concentrating on Windows 10 PC and Mobile apps. He's been a supporter of the platform since the days of Windows CE and uses his current Windows 10 Mobile phone daily to keep up with life and enjoy a game during down time.