Have you been cruising around in Forza Motorsport 6: Apex wondering just how many frames per second (FPS) you're rocking? The title has released an update that will relay this data in-game. A high FPS usually leads to more smooth gameplay, depending on your monitor and other factors, but having anything above 60 is generally considered acceptable.
This new feature was spotted in the store listing under the log of changes for 188.8.131.52, which also include:
- Difficulty balancing for Drivatar AI
- Optimized objectives in some Tour events
- Tuned time bonuses for some Tour events
- Resolved issue where changing certain Video Options did not have any effect
- Resolved some cases of stalls and hitches during race
- Additional bug fixes and improvements
The FPS counter can be enabled in the video options section of the settings. You can download Forza Motorsport 6: Apex from the Windows Store. Do note that you'll need a considerable amount of free space on your PC for the game.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.