In May, Microsoft announced that it would hold Xbox FanFest as part of its E3 2015 activities in Los Angeles in mid-June. Today, more details were reveal on just how 500 lucky people will be able to attend the event, plus some other things Microsoft has in store for them.
First things first: In order to be eligible for Xbox FanFest, you have to be 21 years of age or over and have an Xbox Live Gamertag. Most importantly, you have to be in Los Angeles between June 13-18 and have your own accommodations set up.
So how do you get your tickets? They will be given out to the first 500 eligible fans who line up at the Microsoft Store at Westfield Century City at 10250 Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles on Sunday, June 14. The tickets themselves will be distributed beginning at 11 a.m. local time on June 14. However, Microsoft says that fans can start lining up for them at 10 p.m. local time on Saturday, June 13th, adding, "Lineup will take place near LensCrafters, on Avenue of the Stars."
Once you get your ticket. here's what you will be able to check out:
- Entry into the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing on Monday, June 15th, 9:30 a.m. PDT, in downtown Los Angeles.
- Invite to the exclusive Xbox FanFest Party, Monday afternoon, June 15th, where fans will get to play the best exclusives and biggest blockbuster games this holiday and beyond.
- VIP access to the Xbox esports Celebrity Challenge & Twitch Party sponsored by Xbox.
- The chance to meet some of the industry's top developers, leaders, and influencers.
- Even more surprise events during the week.
One of those surprise events could be a chance to attend E3 2015 itself at the LA Convention Center. The show is allowing exhibitors to invite a select number of members of the general public to attend the normally industry-exclusive trade show. On this specific subject, Microsoft says, "We have nothing more to reveal right now about other fun activities during Xbox FanFest. Stay tuned for more information."
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.